Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

13 minutes ago, Richard said:

Remi needs to look at himself if he's pissed off we are getting knock backs.

if we were still in touch distance, say I don't know the gap that we had when he arrived, we might have more success in the transfer market.  The fact we are further away and blew it totally against the teams we had a chance of winning has has destroyed that. Say we had beaten Newcastle, Watford and Sunderland. Just those three games and we'd look a heap better

Yep, blowing games like Watford at home and Norwich and Sunderland are almost unforgivable. If we'd have delivered in those games we'd be in touching distance of staying up and able to sign players.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Out of everyone to diss you chose Veretout?

First player to roll off the fingertips............ he is pretty cack tho, got about as much energy, fight and enthusiasm as fat dave from the heart of the midfield down the Dog n Duck reserves

4 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

First player to roll off the fingertips............ he is pretty cack tho, got about as much energy, fight and enthusiasm as fat dave from the heart of the midfield down the Dog n Duck reserves

Be honest you haven't seen him play recently

• Like 1

Out of everyone to diss you chose Veretout?

Sign fat Dave up then I say.

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep, blowing games like Watford at home and Norwich and Sunderland are almost unforgivable.

Garde took over an absolute shambles - in what world were Watford, Norwich and Sunderland slam dunks for us!!!  Games so easy that to fail to win is "unforgivable"

The sense of entitlement of some on here is mind-blowing.

I'm no big fan of Garde and he has done nothing yet to suggest that he is the man to fix this but to expect him to put right 6 years of systemic mis-management in 9 games is the definition of unreasonablness

Sometimes I wonder if we deserve any better!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Garde took over an absolute shambles - in what world were Watford, Norwich and Sunderland slam dunks for us!!!  Games so easy that to fail to win is "unforgivable"

The sense of entitlement of some on here is mind-blowing.

I'm no big fan of Garde and he has done nothing yet to suggest that he is the man to fix this but to expect him to put right 6 years of systemic mis-management in 9 games is the definition of unreasonablness

Sometimes I wonder if we deserve any better!

Ah, yes, I'm sure there's a 'legit' reason as to why we will not win again this season following this sort of logic. 

Those were must win games and very much, at the time, winnable games, it's simply not good enough that we lost all of them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ah, yes, I'm sure there's a 'legit' reason as to why we will not win again this season following this sort of logic. 

Those were must win games and very much, at the time, winnable games, it's simply not good enough that we lost all of them. 

Following what sort of logic??  my logic is that we have crap players - a crap GK, crap FBs, crap CBs, lightweight midfield and no forwards.  It won't surprise me in the least if we don't win again this season.

It's hard yet to know whether Garde is crap too, because it is difficult to disentangle the crapness of the players from the abilities of the manager.  He may well be crap, he certainly hasnt done anything yet to suggest otherwise but I guess we will only really know that when he takes another job after Villa

I guess it's comforting to stamp your feet and shout "it's not good enough" but thats not really moving us forward is it

Actually think Garde is doing something to sort us out.  He wants the likes of Gabby out.

Since MON left Gabby has been in the pain in the ass for all managers.  He didn't like McLiesh cause he played him out of position, didn't like Holler cause he made him do some work in Training, didn't like the assistant Managers when Lambert was in charge, now with Garde he doesn't like having to do some work in training (Same French Trainer as Houllier).

Wants to shift the useless shite from Wigan.  He took a couple of weeks to work out he was a waste of space.

This was brewing from the moment we hired MON.  He likes these sort of 'troubled' players who clearly have talent.  MON can control them and make them into a functional team.  I think Allardyce is much the same but as soon as MON left and people came in with a more professional (not the word I wanted as don't want to have a dig at MON) attitude to the training they have struggled.

Where Do You think Grealish has got his attitude from?  He has watched the seniors and tried as all young kids would to emulate them.  

Keane for all his faults at not being able to hide/disguise his feelings is often spot on in his observations.  He claimed the Villa Squad didn't like to do the hard work.

Personally think this may be a bigger job than Taylor MK1 as at least there were the remains of dedicated players in Spink and Evans to help bring us back up and guide players through.  Remember Evans when were back in Div 2 and beat Div 1 Spurs in league.  The Dedication was their to see.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Be honest you haven't seen him play recently

ive only missed Wycombe away all season............ not a fan, think he looks nice and tidy when hes got time & space, but apart from that, hes not my cup of tea at all.......... and (tin hat ready) Defoe's first goal for Sunderland the other week, yes lescott should have done better, but if Veretout didn't just stand there and amble across with no attempt to stop their left back running 20 yards with the ball then the ball wouldn't have even got to Defoe........... Sorry, just don't particularly like him, mite be a decent luxury player if youre top 8 and no pressure.............

6 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Actually think Garde is doing something to sort us out.  He wants the likes of Gabby out.

Since MON left Gabby has been in the pain in the ass for all managers.  He didn't like McLiesh cause he played him out of position, didn't like Holler cause he made him do some work in Training, didn't like the assistant Managers when Lambert was in charge, now with Garde he doesn't like having to do some work in training (Same French Trainer as Houllier).

Wants to shift the useless shite from Wigan.  He took a couple of weeks to work out he was a waste of space.

This was brewing from the moment we hired MON.  He likes these sort of 'troubled' players who clearly have talent.  MON can control them and make them into a functional team.  I think Allardyce is much the same but as soon as MON left and people came in with a more professional (not the word I wanted as don't want to have a dig at MON) attitude to the training they have struggled.

Where Do You think Grealish has got his attitude from?  He has watched the seniors and tried as all young kids would to emulate them.  

Keane for all his faults at not being able to hide/disguise his feelings is often spot on in his observations.  He claimed the Villa Squad didn't like to do the hard work.

Personally think this may be a bigger job than Taylor MK1 as at least there were the remains of dedicated players in Spink and Evans to help bring us back up and guide players through.  Remember Evans when were back in Div 2 and beat Div 1 Spurs in league.  The Dedication was their to see.

Hang on,  which players signed by MON remain in the squad? Which coaches employed by him remain at the club?  He was like 8 managers ago if you include Macdonald.  There is not one player here signed by him. Agbonlahor has come through the ranks and arguably performed his best under MON so he did something right. 

Grealish was 11 I think when MON became our manager,  he got the attitude from MON? Did all the players we have now watch our seniors and think thats the way to go?

Perhaps Roy Keane should have tried to change those issues when he was actually here , you know as a coach?

Not to worry, I'm sure the club will issue a statement after the window closes that we've had a big deadline day bid for some player that would never in a million years sign for us rejected.

You know, to show that we really, really tried to sign players but to reasons out of our control it didn't come off...

• Like 1