Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Walters signed a new deal at Stoke last month and is happy there so not sure where that link has come from. He'll comfortably make the R.O.I squad so doubt that's an issue.

I would take Naismith but didn't realise he was nearly 30. And also thought 3-4m would do the trick not 7m. I wouldn't want us paying that tbh.

58 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Walters signed a new deal at Stoke last month and is happy there so not sure where that link has come from. He'll comfortably make the R.O.I squad so doubt that's an issue.

I would take Naismith but didn't realise he was nearly 30. And also thought 3-4m would do the trick not 7m. I wouldn't want us paying that tbh.

Agree with that regarding Naismith, him for £7M would be a too O'Neil-esque signing for comfort.

Once again linked with a load of player's hardly anyone has heard of, I guess this club will always be run on the cheap under Lerner.

We had a chance in the summer but sadly for us whoever it was in charge of getting the player's in must have missed out on plan A, B and C targets and aquired the D plus player's. The only one who looks like he's going to be good enough is Ayew.

Go on get excited about these no names if you want, god knows there has been little else to get excited about but it'll make no difference come February/March when we are relegated. 

I recall reading that Gana was using us as a stepping stone to getting to one of the "big" clubs hahaha, to do that you would need to be a bloody good player but he's typical of the player's we signed, absolutely useless.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be against a decetn replacement for Guzan, but think other areas of the pitch would have a much bigger impact.

Can't believe we would get Mandanda but it would be a great signing if we do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SeanO said:

Once again linked with a load of player's hardly anyone has heard of, I guess this club will always be run on the cheap under Lerner.

we have been linked with 3 French internationals

• Like 3

----------------Mandanda----------------

---Byram---Richards---Okore----Hutton/Cissoko

------------------Toulalan-------------------

--------  Gueye--------- Veretout--------

Wahbi Khazri----------------------Sinclair

--------------------Ayew----------------------

Grealish, Adama, Gil to be rotated with Sinclair.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Fixed

Haha I wondered how long before the resident "Comical Ali" would reply, not long was my guess and as Billy Mc Neil would say "bingo".

Your words not mine, I've not heard of them but if they are anything like our summer signing then I don't expect much.

Really pleased that you're happy that all our player's are good enough and not shit, you enjoy your little bubble while you can because it wont be long before it bursts.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

we have been linked with 3 French internationals

Hmmmm, CNZ was a French International, I honestly don't think if they are current international players that they will be looking at playing for Villa right now.

Tbh, I don't think it matters who we sign now it's too late to go from the worse team in the league to top 6 form.

19 minutes ago, SeanO said:

Haha I wondered how long before the resident "Comical Ali" would reply, not long was my guess and as Billy Mc Neil would say "bingo".

Your words not mine, I've not heard of them but if they are anything like our summer signing then I don't expect much.

Really pleased that you're happy that all our player's are good enough and not shit, you enjoy your little bubble while you can because it wont be long before it bursts.

SSSSHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not sure on Naismith, he has scored a few for Everton but then again Everton have a much better team all round. I think Naismith would be crap here mainly due the dross he would have to play with week in week out

9 hours ago, SeanO said:

Hmmmm, CNZ was a French International, I honestly don't think if they are current international players that they will be looking at playing for Villa right now.

Tbh, I don't think it matters who we sign now it's too late to go from the worse team in the league to top 6 form.

1 is backup behind Lloris and another retired from international football due to a fallout with FA and would have earned more than 30 caps he won

9 hours ago, SeanO said:

No, they're your words. You've not heard of them. If you've not heard of Steve Mandanda or Jeremy Toulalan then you're the one living in a bubble.

Your last sentence is absolute nonsense.

• Like 3

Mandanda was one of like 8 players in world football in the FIFA menus a few seasons back. He's a very, very well known player.

It's like saying you've never heard of Petr Cech.

And Toulalan has 36 caps for France. Fantastic player in his day, haven't watched him recently.

Just realised you used NZog as an example of a French international :D

He played in 2 friendlies, playing 117 minutes in total :D

Edited by StefanAVFC

Mandanda is apparently being watched by Everton and Liverpool, if that's true then that's a non starter

Toulanan plays for AS Monaco so I doubt he would leave there for us, he's probably better off money wise in Monaco too