Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

6 minutes ago, OneNightInRotterdam said:

Naismith scores goals, works hard and performs fairly consistnstly unlike most of our current amazing players. 

Walters won't cost more than 3 million At his age with his contract dispute going on. He will add goals and experience. 

What system do we currently have they don't fit into exactly?

Amazes me when people think we can turn our noses up at players like this, do you realise our position? 

Who would you suggest signing? 

Naismith doesn't score goals at any particularly decent rate and doesn't create goals either.  There are newspaper reports suggesting we're about to bid £6.5m+ for him - a 29 year old who basically works hard (and fair enough, he does do this) and plays off a main striker.  More recently, we've seen Veretout be deployed further up the pitch and get some joy in doing this.  Naismith, effectively, replaces him in that role... but with less creativity.

Walters would be a preference for me but, again, you're having to fit him into the team at the expense of our "better" players.  He's 32 - we'd essentially be banking on Jon Walters turning our season around rather than anything in any future season.  Again, just not the right signing for me.

We have a system at the moment that loosely involves playing 2 deep midfielders, 1 further forward, 2 wide players and a central striker.  Obviously, this may change, but that's roughly what we're working with.

I'd much rather see a proper defensive midfielder come in than a hard-working forward.  I'd rather see another defender come in than a hard-working forward.  I'd rather see a proper winger come in than a hard-working forward.  I'd rather see a proper striker come in than a hard-working forward.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, OneNightInRotterdam said:

Who would you suggest signing? 

I would wait to see how far from from safety we are in January before making any signings. If the gap has got bigger over the next 3 games then I wouldn't bother as it would be a waste of time

I think those are the sorts of signungs  we can expect. I would take toulalon though. He'd be a very good signing. Defenders we haven't been linked with any I don't think.

Well agree to disagree on Naismith I watched him quite slot last ear and he was a game changer in some matches. Even this year he done over Chelsea, more than we could do, he could still be brought for depth. What if  Verotout gets injured after January? 

Walters is old yes but we need depth and We can play him over Gestede. Will be interesting to see our approach this window though. 

1 minute ago, OneNightInRotterdam said:

I think those are the sorts of signungs  we can expect. I would take toulalon though. He'd be a very good signing. Defenders we haven't been linked with any I don't think.

Well agree to disagree on Naismith I watched him quite slot last ear and he was a game changer in some matches. Even this year he done over Chelsea, more than we could do, he could still be brought for depth. What if  Verotout gets injured after January? 

Walters is old yes but we need depth and We can play him over Gestede. Will be interesting to see our approach this window though. 

If Veretout gets injured, we'd be looking to play Gil in that position (possibly Grealish), both of who I think are good enough to offer creativity going forward.

I agree any signings aren't likely to be world beaters in any stretch, but if we got a decent left winger and started to play Traore on the right, Gestede would actually become a viable option up top.  It's those sort of tweaks I think we need to make.

http://www.lephoceen.fr/infos-om/mercato/mandanda-la-possibilite-aston-villa-142690

When one wants to draw the nose of Steve Mandanda, you better be prepared. Now used big media, the guard knows how to exploit loopholes to questions do not have to answer, while not tiring the audience. So when Hervé Mathoux in the Canal Football Club was asked after Bordeaux-OM if the club would still be in recovery, the OM captain noted that resumed on 28 while the transfer window that will not open it at 1 January. "It feeds please I doubt, and I like it too, so ..." is he justified in stride, aware that his answer may be talked about.  At the same time, saw his situation, Steve Mandanda requires that we speak to him. It is six months from the end of his contract with OM and would require all European clubs have given this well in mind so that it can negotiate better in his next contract, OM or elsewhere . Can not blame him, this is the rule of the game, but it turns out that Mandanda and his advisers will not need to believe in fake offers to exist. A proposal is already in the pipes. Canal + tray, there was talk of a Premier League club. Reportedly, this is Aston Villa, the red lantern, led by Remi Garde. 
Not really serious at first. Qu'irait make OM goalkeeper at a club who is ten points behind the first non-relegation zone? But the situation is much more complex. At the championship drift, Aston Villa and Rémi Garde will tempt all out to save the transfer window. Good thing the Pharaonic means the Premiership permit. The former Lyon coach has the means to offer an interesting deal for the clan Mandanda. An even bigger salary than he receives at OM but mainly severance clause in case of relegation. Three years ago, a club in this situation in England had tried to save this one, it was QPR. And they had then managed to attract Marseille, Loic Remy. The attacker did not succeed in saving the London club but he had said. So, it was then moved a season on loan at Newcastle before signing a big contract last season at Chelsea. Mandanda could therefore offer a few months to make themselves known in the Premier League without losing the benefits of their contractual situation, because his commitment to OM expires at the end of the season. This summer, his advisers found two clubs concerned to the other side of the Channel by services: Manchester City, in the role of lining, and Crystal Palace. But the offers did not meet expectations. The situation could change if he can raise doubts about its adaptation in a championship where he would be part of small guards, by the size.  
For Mandanda, leaving OM Aston Villa would be a sacred wink. In the summer of 2007, when he was at Havre, he received two proposals: one of OM and another club Birmingham. He wants a starting spot that management can guarantee him Marseille with the presence of Carrasso in the workforce. Then he left for a try in the second city of England. Except that the Villans want a loan and that the OM staff finally managed to attract. However, we must not go faster than the music, the transfer is far from concluded. Villa and Guard may already prefer to sign Sirigu for example, at odds with the PSG. OM can also veto a transfer. At January 1, Mandanda six months of the end of his contract, is free to engage with the team of his choice. But for next season. Impossible to do so with Aston Villa saw his ranking. The leaders Marseille can save time. For if OM finished on the podium, the captain of the contract will be automatically extended for one season. Gives then be changed. 

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Naismith is an older wiemann. Why didn't we just keep andi 

Because he was crap. I remember last year people saying how he would destroy the Championship. 

OT but those Wiemann views are what worry me about going down, to many of our fans think coming back up is a given

Maybe second time lucky with Mandanda after his apparently unsuccessful trial in 07. Warbhi Kharzi is listed as an attacking midfielder who can also play on both flanks on transfermarket so with with Gil linked with a move away makes sense. I Just think Gil isn't cut out for us and the league given our ongoing predicament of perpetual relegation worries. Too lightweight.

Speaking of Isco, I notice that he appears in the Guardian's list of 100 best players in the world this year, which set me to wondering earlier if any of our squad would make it into a Premier League Top 100? Very sobering to realise the answer is almost certainly 'no'. 

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Don't understand the love-in for either Walters or Naismith right now, at all.

You've said this before, but Naismith absolutely does fit our system (the pre Newcastle one which I assume is how we'll set up more often than not)

Edit: I **** up the quote. I meant to quote the bit where you said they didn't fit our system.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

In the event of going down I still think Walters and Naismith would be good signings. Good experienced pros who would be useful for a tough Championship campaign. 

Signing them would be no brainers for me if Gabby and Kozak's Villa careers are indeed over. 

We badly need a quality addition in the middle of the park. Badly badly need. I know it may sound more hope than substance but a good player in that area could make such a difference. 

I would still play Richards Clark Okore Lescott as a back 4 and be tempted to replace Guzan if possible. 

Edited by DamsonwoodVillan
  • Like 1