You Wear It Well

Marka Ragnos

I half agree. I think wearing a suit to work isn't necessary. I do agree with "smart" office attire, but trousers and a shirt is fine. No need for a tie and jacket.

Then you fully agree. That's what i'm saying. I'm not advocating jeans etc. Smart trousers, shirt, jumper, shoes etc is a must. :)

No need for a tie and chinos should be just fine and also practical. I find if i'm wearing chinos though i'll wear a tie. If i'm wearing suit trousers or more formal trousers then I won't.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 2

Actually. On this smart work attire.

Where do people stand on the high, round neck jumper, smart trousers and shoes but no collar?

After all, its the collar that's deemed smart.....

I myself think its absolutely fine and a modern take on smartness depending on the quality of the jumper and the cut of the neck.

• Like 1

Workday - Jeans and a band/movie T-Shirt

If i'm out on the weekends or on the rare occasions when i'm out in the week then it's jeans and a smart shirt with a collar.

If I have to go and see a client it's Jeans and a band/movie T-Shirt again :)

• Like 1

Where do people stand on the high, round neck jumper, smart trousers and shoes but no collar?

I myself think its absolutely fine and a modern take on smartness depending on the quality of the jumper and the cut of the neck.

Dunno ..sounds a bit hipster to me 

• Like 1

Dunno ..sounds a bit hipster to me 

Square. :P

• Like 1

Workday - Jeans and a band/movie T-Shirt

If i'm out on the weekends or on the rare occasions when i'm out in the week then it's jeans and a smart shirt with a collar.

If I have to go and see a client it's Jeans and a band/movie T-Shirt again :)

If one of those band T-shirts is a Ramones one I may just have to add you to the list   .....

• Like 1

When I was a teenager I spent £150 on a pair of rockports (yes I know, I bet I'm not the only one to do so on this board!). They lasted forever and with a bit of polish came up like new.

Part of me is tempted to buy another pair. Can pick up a pair of these bad boys for about £40 with discount codes from the hut. I'm thinking for out and about at the weekend, obviously nowhere 'nice'.

GhWcMfz.jpg

Edited by Genie

If sandals and socks are allowed then I think a pair of rockports should be allowed so go for it .. just remember to ditch them for something new  when every other hipster wannabe starts wearing them

• Like 1

CQIxjdUWIAAth_E.jpg

look at that kid (Baxter Dury) - has anyone ever struck a cooler pose than that

(obligatory paedo alert! - I was looking at the flares / braces / hair quiff combo - honest!)

Dury insisted on buying second hand clothes, with the exception of shoes and underwear - hence the album title!

Â