You Wear It Well

Marka Ragnos

One thing I've noticed about "designer" clothes lately, and it would be interesting to see if this is true..

But if you look at Armani t-shirts for example, I find that the cheaper the item, the larger the logo size.. Whereas if you buy "an expensive" Armani t-shirt, the logo is actually pretty subtle.

Is this a clever ploy for poor dumbasses to just be advertising billboards?  Or is it that people who can't really afford to wear Armani just want a garish, shit looking huge logo to show off?

Just been on the Armani website and their cheapest t-shirts do have the largest logos.. so maybe there's something in it?  

On the other hand, £75 for a shit looking t-shirt is well cringe :lol: 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

One thing I've noticed about "designer" clothes lately, and it would be interesting to see if this is true..

But if you look at Armani t-shirts for example, I find that the cheaper the item, the larger the logo size.. Whereas if you buy "an expensive" Armani t-shirt, the logo is actually pretty subtle.

Is this a clever ploy for poor dumbasses to just be advertising billboards?  Or is it that people who can't really afford to wear Armani just want a garish, shit looking huge logo to show off?

Just been on the Armani website and their cheapest t-shirts do have the largest logos.. so maybe there's something in it?  

I think you've probably hit the nail on the head. People that can actually afford to wear designer stuff all the time don't need everybody to know that they are wearing designer stuff.

People who want to look rich are rarely actually rich

On 05/06/2018 at 09:29, StefanAVFC said:

Over here - Zalando, H+M, Zara, Reserved, TKMaxx (but TKMaxx seems shitter over here, not sure why)

In the UK - Asos, Topman, TKMaxx again, River Island, Selfridges

Add to this, Medicine. Easily the best place to buy clothes for quality vs cost.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

River Island jeans are top tier.

Nearly always get mine from there, they just fit me really well.

I had no idea River Island still existed.  Was my go to shop for a while before I realised everyone in there has 10 years younger than me and I thought all their clothes looked stupid.

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm now tripping even thinking about this

I'm desperately trying to kid myself I don't need glasses to read /type on my phone  , more proof that I'm deluding myself 

Tapered Diesel jeans and light cashmere jumpers. Thus concludes today's fashion tips.

The former is the one (AND I MEAN ONE) red cent I give to Nestlé, and I **** begrudge them that.

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I needed a pair of jeans the other week and stumbled into a Levi shop in London whilst Mrs H was in a shoe shop buying enough pairs of shoes for a centipede …they had some 502’s that didn’t look quite as Jeanie and can get away with being casual trousers so thought I’d try them on … .

never worn Levi’s before but they make their jeans via some kind of witchcraft and I had to buy 2 sizes down from my regular waist size … most other jeans I wear usually end up showing my arse crack like a builder if I move around , these things somehow stretch to your body without being over tight and are just ever so comfortable … and I haven’t shown my arse to anyone for a while in Tesco’s 

shame about the price , but definitely worth it 

Levi’s basically the only jeans worth having to be honest - and I’ve been through a LOT of jeans. They’re ridiculously comfortable. Other jeans would have me switching for trackies when lounging around the house, but no need with the Levi ones.

I go for 512s - think they’re skinny fit but not super skinny (which are insane). Doubt I’ll ever buy any other type of jeans ever again.

As an aside for the general thread, I bought some random plain t-shirts (assorted colours) on Amazon a while back just as a tie over until I could be bothered getting better t-shirts. They fitted really and have lasted ages. Think they were £19 for 5 :D. They’re the best t-shirts I’ve bought in a long time - will be re-purchasing soon. 

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

never worn Levi’s before but they make their jeans via some kind of witchcraft and I had to buy 2 sizes down from my regular waist size

I've found in the past that the size they think they are often isn't the size with Levi's wrong labels printed up and that matches the leather patch on the jeans but are they shit that size. They can be bigger or smaller

I'll stick with my £20 regular fit (with Stretch) jeans from M&S, last me years

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

They've split the brand in to different branches

EA7 seems to be targeting the working class and does the sportier looking stuff and garish with the huge logos

They then have armani exchange, armani jeans, georgio armani and emporio armani, the last 2 remain super expensive £1k+ for a jumper type stuff 

Boss have done the same with boss orange, hilfiger has Tommy jeans

Levi’s jeans. 562s. Either that or a slightly baggier variant from a Scandinavian brand Vailent

Then typically polo shirts/piques, or just a regular high quality crew neck t-shirt. I quite like Farah’s shirts. Not too expensive, but good quality and fit. 

Maybe a denim overshirt or just a high quality college sweater. 

Vans, trainers or Dr. Marten’s. 

Bomber jacket or fleece pullover. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Farah seemed to come back and then go again, faded out along with the likes of lyle and Scott whilst pretty green and Fred Perry hung around 

Pretty green as far as I can tell have survived their sale on the quiet to JD sports 

I still wear some Farah stuff, although tends to be tshirts rather than their shirts these days.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I still wear some Farah stuff, although tends to be tshirts rather than their shirts these days.

Their t-shirts are really great quality. 

14 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I’d probably get Fred Perrys or Stone Islands if they didn’t cost a f***ing fortune. Easily £100 plus for a standard Fred Perry pique up here. 

yeah FP shop in cologne is one of those places where i know its more expensive than the UK, like £30 more for a polo shirt, so i struggle to justify it

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm now tripping even thinking about this

Reminds me of the time I bought some trainers from my drug dealer. Don't know what he laced them with but I was tripping all day. 

Sorry :ph34r:

• Haha 3

Â