You Wear It Well

Marka Ragnos

• 2 years later...

@choffer, this the one you’re thinking of?

As for me, I mainly buy stuff from next. Not very exciting, but I like their stuff more than most.

Never really gone in for buying stuff online, I like seeing the clothes close up, get a literal feel of it, trying them on.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

This is indeed the thread I was thinking of. Turns out it's about as much use as a chocolate teapot though, unless my aim was to get all nostalgic about the crap clothes I used to wear in the 90s!

• Haha 1

On 29/05/2018 at 21:18, Shropshire Lad said:

As for me, I mainly buy stuff from next. Not very exciting, but I like their stuff more than most.

Never really gone in for buying stuff online, I like seeing the clothes close up, get a literal feel of it, trying them on.

Next get a lot of stick but at least their stuff lasts longer than a few washes without coming apart at the seams. 

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Next get a lot of stick but at least their stuff lasts longer than a few washes without coming apart at the seams. 

I wouldn’t really know where else to buy stuff from to be honest. There just seems to be a higher chance of me liking something from next.

A fair few other high street shops are a bit too young for me (purely out of curiosity I recently ventured into a topman to see if there was anything that even vaguely appealed - I felt like a substitute teacher for a sixth form class).

I buy a lot of work stuff from Next. Stuff I wear every day but don't care THAT much how it looks.

Oh and pants. They do good pants.

Wouldn't buy much casual stuff from there though.

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I buy a lot of work stuff from Next. Stuff I wear every day but don't care THAT much how it looks.

Oh and pants. They do good pants.

Wouldn't buy much casual stuff from there though.

Similarly, I have a mate who insists that the only thing he is prepared to buy from Next is socks, which he will happily endorse.

They have their usual summer range in at the moment, where every shirt looks like something Tom Selleck would wear in Magnum PI. Not really my thing, as a result I’m giving next a miss until the autumn. I’m more of a long sleeve grandad shirt sort of guy.

Where would you buy your casual stuff then? Seem to recall you saying something about jeans from river island, but that may have been someone else.

8 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Similarly, I have a mate who insists that the only thing he is prepared to buy from Next is socks, which he will happily endorse.

They have their usual summer range in at the moment, where every shirt looks like something Tom Selleck would wear in Magnum PI. Not really my thing, as a result I’m giving next a miss until the autumn. I’m more of a long sleeve grandad shirt sort of guy.

Where would you buy your casual stuff then? Seem to recall you saying something about jeans from river island, but that may have been someone else.

ASOS is where I do a large part of my shopping to be honest. Plenty of good stuff on there. I usually end up doing a massive order, and then just send stuff back that I don't like.

Yeah jeans from River Island is a regular, but that's more because I just found a couple of pairs from there that fit really well so I stick with them. I have an annoying body shape (big legs and arse, not such a big waist) so jeans that fit properly are gold dust, especially these days where tighter fitting jeans are the thing to wear.

If I did go into, say, Birmingham to go shopping I'd probably do Topman, River Island, All Saints and Ted Baker. Maybe Selfridges if I'm feeling flush or after something in particular.
H&M is always a good shout for cheap but fairly decent stuff.

• Thanks 1

Over here - Zalando, H+M, Zara, Reserved, TKMaxx (but TKMaxx seems shitter over here, not sure why)

In the UK - Asos, Topman, TKMaxx again, River Island, Selfridges

I swear my brother buys the entire range of male clothes Next do, so anything I buy from there I know there's a chance when I meet up with him we will be wearing the same thing and look a right pair of divs.  I have to go round more shops which is a bit of a pain in the arse.  My current problem is trying to find jeans, there don't seem to be many slim fit ones around as skinny and skinnier seem to be in, and I don't want ripped ones which it seems you have to pay an extra 15 quid for.  I'm tempted to try buying online which I've never done before.

Mandmdirect. Similar to asos i guess and I've had loads of stuff from there, even if it's end of season gear. Jeans are still jeans. Worth giving it a look.

Oh and jacamo too.....they do normal sizes in case y'all thought it was only for the more portly gent about town. 

On 05/06/2018 at 09:26, sharkyvilla said:

I'm tempted to try buying online which I've never done before.

just remember you can return any clothes you bought online so dont worry too much about them fitting other than the ball ache of sending them back

personally for me at the moment I wear calvin klein jeans i got in selfridges, surprisingly cheaper than levis and a lot cheaper than diesel

when i find a pair of jeans i like i tend to buy multiple pairs of them, strangely the 2 pairs of CK jeans i have fit differently

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

just remember you can return any clothes you bought online so dont worry too much about them fitting other than the ball ache of sending them back

Yeah I usually go mental and do a huge online shop on ASOS. Loads of stuff, couple of sizes in things I'm unsure about.

Then just try it all on at home and send back what you don't want.

As long as you won't miss the money being out of your account for a week or 2 then it's a good way of doing it. ASOS does next day delivery for "free" with a £10 a year membership, and it includes free returns. So as long as you use them a couple of times a year it's well worth it, and you get the clothes the next day so it's very quick.

(I actually think they're launching same day delivery in Birmingham soon)

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I usually go mental and do a huge online shop on ASOS. Loads of stuff, couple of sizes in things I'm unsure about.

Then just try it all on at home and send back what you don't want.

As long as you won't miss the money being out of your account for a week or 2 then it's a good way of doing it. ASOS does next day delivery for "free" with a £10 a year membership, and it includes free returns. So as long as you use them a couple of times a year it's well worth it, and you get the clothes the next day so it's very quick.

(I actually think they're launching same day delivery in Birmingham soon)

They’ve just launched something called Klarna too. You order what you want from the website, and then you send back what you don’t want (if there is anything) and they’ll email you a final bill when they receive your returns. So no need to miss the money from your account any more. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Milfner said:

They’ve just launched something called Klarna too. You order what you want from the website, and then you send back what you don’t want (if there is anything) and they’ll email you a final bill when they receive your returns. So no need to miss the money from your account any more. 

Ah awesome.

I used to use a company called Enclothed. They sell it as personal shopping. Someone makes you a box of clothes and it works pretty similar to above. You get this big box of clothes, try it all on, send back what you don't want and then they bill you for what you keep.

It was decent, but you didn't get to pick what they sent you. And despite me always giving them feedback (Stuff like "I dont' like Tommy Hilfiger, I will never wear that brand if you send it to me" or specifically asking for summer clothes etc) They just always used to send me the same kind of stuff. 

The same brands, and they were all super expensive. I like buying nice stuff, but some of these clothes were ridiculously priced.

So I packed it in in the end, but it's a cool idea.

So an ASOS version where you get to pick the clothes you're sent sounds even better.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Will shop anywhere.

The only clothes retailer I habitually visit is Uniqlo. 

Good basics and their constantly changing printed tees are fab - Great guest designers and themes.

Â