You Wear It Well

Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I dabbled with chinos years ago, never felt quite right. 

This was around the time I was desperate to find an alternative to jeans. I also had a couple of pairs of linen trousers (my man from Del Monte phase). Again, terrible idea.

I did have a pair of black moleskin trousers. They were pretty good, they had a sort of geography teacher at a smart casual party vibe and were very comfortable.

These days it is just jeans. 

My wife bought me some cords as apparently the sight of me in Levi’s for the past 35 years is seemingly a bit samey. In all fairness she had a point. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My wife bought me some cords as apparently the sight of me in Levi’s for the past 35 years is seemingly a bit samey. In all fairness she had a point. 

I have 3 pairs of cords bought from 80scasualclassics. All Lois brand and a reminder of my youth. Very comfortable 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

How baggy or non-baggy are you wearing your jeans these days? Shaun Ryder 1990? Painted on? Flared? Rolled up? 

Slim fit. 

Used to be painted on skinny but phasing them out now as they’re going out of fashion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Slim fit. 

Used to be painted on skinny but phasing them out now as they’re going out of fashion. 

It doesn't seem like the baggy thing is really making as much of a comeback as we hear. If I wore these, I might as well be in the emperor's new clothes because the laughs would be neverending. Not saying they're bad, but not for me.

0131454210015NEW_00_349.webp

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I have 3 pairs of cords bought from 80scasualclassics. All Lois brand and a reminder of my youth. Very comfortable 

For special occasions I guess ;) 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It doesn't seem like the baggy thing is really making as much of a comeback as we hear. If I wore these, I might as well be in the emperor's new clothes because the laughs would be neverending. Not saying they're bad, but not for me.

0131454210015NEW_00_349.webp

Baggy has definitely come back in for women but not so much for men I don't think. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My anticipation for the Norwegian football season and the return of regular live football for yours truly is so big, I’ve tried to cut the wait by stocking up on Adidas Originals, Fred Perry, Patagonia, North Face and L&S gear. My team will underachieve (again) but we’ll underachieve in style. 

• Like 1

On 22/01/2023 at 13:21, mottaloo said:

Very good call mate, mine were thick cord burgundy 

• Like 1

On 22/01/2023 at 13:21, mottaloo said:

A couple of years later 25 inch bellbottoms were quite common on the Holte 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

New Balance 327 trainers making a comeback? Seeing loads again and I’m sure I had similar in the 80’s. 

Definitely. 

I nearly went for a pair of 530s before I settled on a new pair of Gazelles. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, El Zen said:

My anticipation for the Norwegian football season and the return of regular live football for yours truly is so big, I’ve tried to cut the wait by stocking up on Adidas Originals, Fred Perry, Patagonia, North Face and L&S gear. My team will underachieve (again) but we’ll underachieve in style. 

But avoiding the Stone Thailand "get the badge in" and CP Company "but what do the goggles do?"

Mentioned at the top of the page do you use 80scasualclassics? Decent website, was holiday shopping on there yesterday stopping shy of buying some fila short shorts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

But avoiding the Stone Thailand "get the badge in" and CP Company "but what do the goggles do?"

Mentioned at the top of the page do you use 80scasualclassics? Decent website, was holiday shopping on there yesterday stopping shy of buying some fila short shorts

Haven’t used that one, but I’ll check it out next time I go on a spree.

I didn’t as much avoid Stone Island as wait until my birthday next month. Got to get that badge in you know 😉

Â