You Wear It Well

Marka Ragnos

Hipster beards and dungarees ...and that was just the women 

On a side matter ... is it safe to declare that hipster beards are no longer hip? I mean, when they are worn by your local actuary and cuddly grandpa (not that I have anything against them!) trying to look cool, the hip train has been much been derailed, right? Same with chunky specs, right?

Edited by Plastic Man

Work - Always a nice fitted shirt from one of Jermyn Streets wonderfully disguised chain stores and either grey or black trousers from a top end High St retailer, with some shiny pointers on my plates, either brown or black. Always been a sucker for smart looking but poorly made branded shoes, the amount of money spent on Ted Bakers that I could've pumped into Meermin shoes is frightening.

Outside of work - Slim fit (NOT skinny) jeans, either a band tshirt or a Fred Perry, and a pair of absolutely box fresh Adidas trainers. And nearly always a big coat or casual(esq) jacket

• Like 1

Work - Always a nice fitted shirt from one of Jermyn Streets wonderfully disguised chain stores and either grey or black trousers from a top end High St retailer, with some shiny pointers on my plates, either brown or black. Always been a sucker for smart looking but poorly made branded shoes, the amount of money spent on Ted Bakers that I could've pumped into Meermin shoes is frightening.

Outside of work - Slim fit (NOT skinny) jeans, either a band tshirt or a Fred Perry, and a pair of absolutely box fresh Adidas trainers. And nearly always a big coat or casual(esq) jacket

You're in great company ...

c4e54fb2e9921137ad9a886d54642da8.jpg

Hipster beards...

What exactly qualifies as a hipster beard?

It rather seems to equate to just 'having a beard'.

Really, anything' hipster' is when a kit of effort has been made to make it look like no effort has been made IMO.

You're in great company ...

c4e54fb2e9921137ad9a886d54642da8.jpg

He wishes he wears it as well as PongRiddims

• Like 1

I have quite a regimented dress code , it goes thus :

Trainers , Shorts and T-shirt when it's hot

Trainers , Jeans and a T-shirt when it's cold

Suit with shoes  for Weddings and funerals

At work???

Don't get him started

too late B)

:D

I admire your consistency, but the rule that everyone who wears a suit to work is crap at their job is, of course, absolute nonsense.

The beard, hipster slacks an shirt are gonna end up in 20 years time looking like a 80's pop band do now. Im sure we are gonna look at them pictures in the future of the bearded lot and think, didn't I look an absolute tool

You could say that about pretty much any fashion trend ever.

The only reason people don't like beards is because it's now got popular. Just like anything on VT :)

I have quite a regimented dress code , it goes thus :

Trainers , Shorts and T-shirt when it's hot

Trainers , Jeans and a T-shirt when it's cold

Suit with shoes  for Weddings and funerals

At work???

Don't get him started

too late B)

:D

I admire your consistency, but the rule that everyone who wears a suit to work is crap at their job is, of course, absolute nonsense.

meh you're just saying that cause you wear a suit  :P

but of course it's nonsense ... next you'll have me admitting that not all students are lazy 

Â