Match Thread - DO NOT MENTION STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

limpid

**** horrible. We look absolutely pathetic. Sanchez has done alright, Grealish okay, everyone else should hang their **** heads in shame.

And Liverpool fans are awful. I thought Anfield was supposed to be a cauldron of noise? The only thing deader than this crowd is our attacking play.

Said this for years. I can't stand the publicity the famous 'Kop' gets. They only turn up during a midweek CL game... oh wait never then.

Terrible performance. Certainly not helped by some absolutely diabolical refereeing, every time we win the ball back and looked to attack we'd be cynically hacked down to be given nothing, unsurprisingly not mentioned by commentators either. We're still well in this at 1 nil, get more bodies forward to support Gestede, maybe bring another attacker on and hope the ref will stop being such a red word removed. 

I don't say this lightly but I'd sack Sherwood straight after the final whistle and get Fat Sam on the phone.

The football would be dire but at least we might stay up because right now Sherwood is taking us down.

I'd rather go down trying to play football to be honest. 

We're not even doing that

Christ that was painful! We are sitting so deep it's like we are 2-0 up..........the ironic thing is that when were actually 2-0 didn't play this way!! should be pressing much higher, their defense would have been so nervous going into this game. We still have Sanchez to protect the back 4

Tim is hanging on by a thread his job is on the line. Id get capello in hed sort this rubbish out infact id get rijkaard he would not accept defensive football just like we dont. Aston villa is too big for a numpty like tim. Hes had the money and 17m+ is sitting there doing nothing.

We're leaving everyone back, but Liverpool still are finding space so easily. Our positional awareness, both defending and going forward, have been embarassing. Traore and Ayew on at half time so we can at least try and go at them a bit

Sanchez the only one playing well because he's the only one who possibly could play well the way we are set up. Sit deep and compact and break things up. We won't score, we offer no threat. Traore on to scare the bejaysus out of them please.

For reasons I couldn't explain, I have a lot of faith in Tim's half time team talks. He seems to be able to fire them up before the 2nd half.

1st half has been dire to watch. We look absoloutly awful. I think we need a change. Adama on and us pushing a bit higher up the pitch.

We go again.