The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Sugar tax is disappointing - this is the sort of shit you expect from Labour. In fact, I expect that if Brown had announced such a measure when he was in office Cameron and Osborne would've castigated him for it.

In fairness, a Labour PM could have announced an abolishment of tax, replacement of the Bible with Hayek's Constitution of Liberty in churches and schools the country over, closed the borders to all immigration and announced that benefits and tax relief would only provided to people agreeing to provide services to millionaires and Cameron and Osborne and the massed Tory horde would have crucified them for it.

24 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Sugar tax is disappointing - this is the sort of shit you expect from Labour. In fact, I expect that if Brown had announced such a measure when he was in office Cameron and Osborne would've castigated him for it.

I think it's pleasing. Though I agree completely if Brown had done such a thing, the tories would have slated him for it.

OGiven it's not due to take effect for 2 years, I wonder if in 18 months time, it won't get cancelled "as there's no longer any need for it" (not that much will have changed). 

Given Osborne seems to think we can go from borrowing £40bn in 2018 to having a £10bn surplus in 2020 he might need every penny.

I don't think he genuinely understands what he's saying. Or he's got a helluva rabbit up his sleeve.

27 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I don't think he genuinely understands what he's saying

That's a terrible slur. He's qualified to be chancellor because

1) he's an MP from a safe Tory seat 

2) He's Cameron's friend

3) He's got O level maths

How more highly qualified could you get?

All steady as she goes, inherited a national debt of 900 million in 2010, cut public services, cut taxes for the rich, UK national debt now 1.5 trillion and forecast to rise another 100 or 200 million this year. 

The time was ripe for a tax cut for people earning 45k a year.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

All steady as she goes, inherited a national debt of 900 million in 2010, cut public services, cut taxes for the rich, UK national debt now 1.5 trillion and forecast to rise another 100 or 200 million this year. 

The time was ripe for a tax cut for people earning 45k a year.

It's all alright. Osborne is going to find a naturally occurring source of cancer cures under Westminster in 2019 and UK PLC will turn a profit in 12 months. 

• Like 1

The overly intrusive, government internet surveillance act has passed another reading, with support from Labour.

Nothing to see here, your government isn't spying on you and tracking all of your activity online. It's just for the paedo terrorists, honest.

I'm all for it. It helps reduce our outrageous welfare bill, and encourages disabled people, who take more than their fair share, to get out of the house and start working hard to pay their way. If they can't find a way to earn a living, they should get on their bike. Oh.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Some disabled people don't need a bike. They've already got wheeled transport. No excuse to not get out there and pull their weight.

And we pay for it, while I have to walk around, like an idiot.

It's unbelievable though, isn't it. I've never seen such dreadful policy. Stealing from those in need to give to the wealthy.

Edited by Davkaus

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Fairly sure they said no to a sugar tax last year and were castigated for it , now they have implemented one that are still castigated ... I'd have thought seeing as it's linked to obesity which is regarded as a drain of NHS resources that a lot of people  would be in favour of it ?

but id imagine it will be seen as another attack on the poor by some ...

Â