The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

This is someone who knew absolutely nothing about Northern Ireland and it's politics before being given the job she currently has. Most people have pets more qualified for the role.

• Like 2

The government’s attempts to make fracking easier have received a setback after the high court ruled key aspects of its national planning policy to be unlawful.

In a case brought by anti-fracking campaigners, the court found that it was material to consider scientific evidence, including the effects on climate change, in deciding policy on fracking, and the government had failed to do so.

The judgment implied that campaigners could raise climate change as a reason to object to planning permission for fracking sites, which will make it easier for campaigners to lobby against licensing new sites.

Mr Justice Dove also criticised the way the public consultation was carried out, calling part of it “so flawed in its design and processes as to be unlawful”.

words removed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Our Government LOVES the Irish.

Reveal hidden contents

Ironically that is known as the Nuremberg Defence

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Just read a labour mp has had a letter telling her due to cuts her sons school is to close at 1pm on Fridays. 

What the hell are parents suppose to do now?? 

Well, you know who not to vote for next time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

That's up to you obviously

It is but it doesn't answer the question that the alternatives are so poor. 

If there was a election tomorrow I would probably vote Liberal democrats

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If there was a election tomorrow I would probably vote Liberal democrats

spoilt ballot on the current state of affairs unless someone promises (and I believe them) to end this Brexit madness or possibly Green for me

If Brexit happens then we'll have to see what happens after the inevitable schisms in the Parties

Lib Dems are in their death throes imo. Buggered by their Tory collaboration, no-one trusts them. They should have been storming up the polls as the only openly Pro-remain Party but no-one trusts them an inch

I would vote for my local man and terraces buddy Ian Johnson.

It could be critical, as he usually hovers either side of the line where he loses his deposit. 

At the last election, Labour here went from contenders (it's historically been a close call swing seat), to not bothering to drop leaflets or knock on doors or turn up at a hustings event. With that level of effort, they lost by 2,000 votes. Kind of sums it all up.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just read a labour mp has had a letter telling her due to cuts her sons school is to close at 1pm on Fridays. 

Well, it's obvious.

Ask for unpaid time off, or reduce their hours if self-employed, thereby reducing their income, meaning they pay less tax, so the government counts less economic activity and receives less tax "income", so they reduce grants to local authorities, so schools have less income, so they must reduce their expenditure, so they reduce their operating hours.  And parents take a bit more time off.

It's all perfectly sensible.  Don't forget that this is the party of economic competence.  They know how to manage the economy.

7 hours ago, peterms said:

Well, it's obvious.

Ask for unpaid time off, or reduce their hours if self-employed, thereby reducing their income, meaning they pay less tax, so the government counts less economic activity and receives less tax "income", so they reduce grants to local authorities, so schools have less income, so they must reduce their expenditure, so they reduce their operating hours.  And parents take a bit more time off.

It's all perfectly sensible.  Don't forget that this is the party of economic competence.  They know how to manage the economy.

And if you can’t afford to take the time off then what?

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Kids not being at school on a Friday, because they’re on a demo demanding action on climate change is bad, say tories -  they should be at school.

Tories force school closures on Fridays.

tubes.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, peterms said:

Well, it's obvious.

In Phillips case  , as she is the one publicising it  ,  as she pays her husband to be her personal  assistant  she could send him instead if she is too busy on twitter to go herself   ...or if he's busy doing his actual  non tax payer funded job ,  based on her hourly rate of £83 an hour  for her second job she could easily pay a child minder £30 an hour to pick her child up and still be quids in 

* tbf , its possible she's not longer employing him in that role I've not looked lately

19 hours ago, bickster said:

Lib Dems are in their death throes imo. Buggered 

In view of the fact that this is about something related to the Liberal Party, is that rather an unfortunate term to use ? (Bite the pillow !!!)

• Haha 1

Amber Rudd has called Dianne Abbott 'coloured'. I don't believe there was any real racist intent in it, but goodness me.

I think there is an institutional issue with racism in politics and in our society, and this is a good example of it. She didn't mean to demean Dianne Abbott, but she did, which shows real ignorance. 

What a shame for her, she was hoping to resign as a matter of principle regarding Brexit, but it looks like she will may have to resign again in disgrace. 

Â