The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

16 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

To be fair to him (which I don't like doing, because he's a prick), "himself" in that interview is referring to Sunak. Earlier he refers to Briana as she. 

Yeah, I think you're absolutely right.

It's poorly worded and ambiguous, but I think that's all it is, I didn't catch that interpretation initially but since it's been pointed out, I think that's the first one and explains why he seems just stuck processing her response, he's got no idea what she's going on about

So far right mouthpiece, GB News. Never one to pretend there is any balance on their screens, Jacob Rees Mogg is having a bit of a break from his programme on the channel, who is taking over and doing a Q and A, Rishi Sunak. An expanded question and answer session with the completely normal GB News viewers. Not sure if this is before or after the by elections, and if this is some pre-emptive plea to the MPs not to send letters to the 1922 committee. 

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

So far right mouthpiece, GB News. Never one to pretend there is any balance on their screens, Jacob Rees Mogg is having a bit of a break from his programme on the channel, who is taking over and doing a Q and A, Rishi Sunak. An expanded question and answer session with the completely normal GB News viewers. Not sure if this is before or after the by elections, and if this is some pre-emptive plea to the MPs not to send letters to the 1922 committee. 

Will miss the Moggster 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

You need to get your sights looked at then, or practice more with your weapon.

I just find him hilarious, he is so posh and entitled and sneery and the way his son is a caricature of him and of course Nanny.  A national treasure 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

He's a word removed.

He's not a 'hilarious' word removed. He's just a word removed. 

Puts glasses to end of nose and sneers at @Designer1 

Meritious salutations fellow camp comedy fascists, nannus titus still sucubus. 

Absolute wrong ‘un, god knows what they’d find if the police seized his quill and parchment.

• Like 1

Sunak criticising local councils for wanting to raise council tax above the mandatory 5% limit, in order to stave off crippling cuts to council services. This is the leader of a Party that has cut the central govt. grant to local authorities by 40% since 2010. They’ll happily offload responsibilities to local govt. that used to be funded direct from Whitehall, then starve those authorities of the money needed to support those things. Duplicitous bastards.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Sunak criticising local councils for wanting to raise council tax above the mandatory 5% limit, in order to stave off crippling cuts to council services. This is the leader of a Party that has cut the central govt. grant to local authorities by 40% since 2010. They’ll happily offload responsibilities to local govt. that used to be funded direct from Whitehall, then starve those authorities of the money needed to support those things. Duplicitous bastards.

Thing is, they’ve basically found a back door route to fulfilling tory ideology. A smaller state, less ‘interference’.

You can have an ideological debate on libraries, recycling, child care, street lighting, sure start, council information hubs, drug rehab and all of that. Or you can just switch off the funding and get a smaller state by strangulation.

Then, when the council tries to compensate, tell the people the council is shit and charging them more. There’s nothing annoyingly myopic about it, it’s ideology. It’s an attempt to carry on the curse of old droopy face, if ain’t directly immediately benefitting rich folk, close it down. The greedy love it, the thick fall for it. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

2 by-elections today then. Only a matter of time until we find out who the new 'representative for Wellingborough' is 😅

Oh, man. I came on here just to make a representative for Wellingborough joke. Already done. Denied.

Oh well, I'll have to wait until there is a news story about how NASA are renovating old rusty rockets.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â