The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

He’s now saying he didn’t mean to bet a grand on immigrant deportations. He was taken by surprise and fell in to it.

The Prime Minister, our representative on the world stage, ex Goldman Sachs investment banker, was taken by surprise and accidentally shook on the bet.

He’s not very good at this, is he.

It would have been far too simple to say “I won’t take the bet because I don’t gamble, or it’s not appropriate to gamble, but I’m extremely confident”.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Investment bankers are the biggest gambling addicts out there

As he's acknowledged last year, he used to enjoy a bit of spread betting and being an investment banker made him good at it.

Cynics might use this as evidence that he's a liar, but as @chrisp65 suggests, it's possible he's changed his views, no longer gambles and is simply an incapable idiot who couldn't function under the high-pressure environment of a chat with Piers Morgan. Bodes well for international diplomacy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

All of the stupidest Conservatives (your Truss', Andersons, Rees Moggs) have gathered today for their Pop Con. Apparently, this is meant to mean 'Popular Conservatives': glaring oxymoron aside, what on earth are any of these people on about at any point?

And my personal favourite:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

He’s now saying he didn’t mean to bet a grand on immigrant deportations. He was taken by surprise and fell in to it.

The Prime Minister, our representative on the world stage, ex Goldman Sachs investment banker, was taken by surprise and accidentally shook on the bet.

He’s not very good at this, is he.

maybe he tried to place the bet but his new laws meant that he was asked to provide proof of funds before being told he actually could only stake 25p

One of the most influential MP’s in recent years is to step down at the GE. Kwasi Kwarteng has his name in the history books. Such a shame the world wasn’t ready for him and Truss.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, meregreen said:

For “don’t want” read too ashamed. As Keith Waterhouse once said, people tend to vote Conservative for all the wrong reasons.

I'm curious as to what the right reasons might be. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

There probably aren’t any. His point I think, was that he couldn’t find any reason to vote for them that didn’t involve him putting selfish self interest above the common good. He was a child of the depression, who lived to see the great strides made in Britain after the war towards making a more just and equal society, slowly dismantled by Thatcher and her latter day acolytes.

The Tories are making a "step change" to NHS dental care. They really are the cavalry. 

I will say it now the wishy washy Tory who appeared on BBC Breakfast clearly talking bullshit and playing the 3 cup game with the finance figure got a very aggressive questioning from BBC Breakfast. Very scathing towards her. In a biased kind of way obviously. 

She did finish off by politely thanking her for her time though. 

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The right to buy your council house at a substantial discount seemed to work well, along with free shares in privatised building societies and privatised public utilities. 😧

2 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

privatised public utilities. 

Catastrophic for anyone who wasn't a shareholder (and for many who were). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The right to buy your council house at a substantial discount seemed to work well, along with free shares in privatised building societies and privatised public utilities. 😧

My wife worked for the local housing authority for 26 years. She could give you a very good argument against the pillaging of council house stocks . The lack of suitable homes for families who are unable to afford to buy their own homes today, can be directly attributable to that asset stripping of social housing. Incidentally, most of those council houses are now back in the rental sector at exorbitant rents, private landlords and speculators have made a killing. As for private utilities, take a look at your latest bills 🙁. The Tories are named after the Irish word for robbers, has any political party ever been more aptly named.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Oh Rishi Rishi, making a joke about trans people and "defining a women" with Brianna Ghey's mother in the chamber

The rate at which politicians and world leaders are clearly psychopaths is really astonishing. That's vile

Edited by wishywashy

Â