The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So now the Rwandan President is floating the idea that they could give our money back.

We’ve got to the point where Rwanda is worried that association with this could damage their reputation.

He was giving off vibes of “I wish I never got involved with these pricks”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

**** me

Tory social media pricks: "is there any way that we could give him both a slightly cool anti-hero vibe while also using a slogan that makes him sound extremely competent at what he does?"

The Rwanda vote thing is so conflicting, it’s utter madness and many Tories are voting against it… not because it’s mental, but because it’s not mental enough. 

It’s like “good on you for shouting down this piece of shit” then realising their desire is it make it crazier.

6 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Throbbers gonna throb.

The dead man walking has called a news conference sowe may get our wish 🤞

No, it's just to whine at the House Of Lords not to change his silly Rwanda bill. 

So is Sunak going to be acting like he’s some sort of legend for pushing his Rwanda bill through parliament (barely).

Full on Boris “getting Brexit done” type smugness.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Jess Phillips was rather good yesterday. 

I do like Jess Philips.

Where does the £169k per person come from?  We've spent £240 million and sent no-one so the cost per person sent is infinity pounds.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

So is Sunak going to be acting like he’s some sort of legend for pushing his Rwanda bill through parliament (barely).

Full on Boris “getting Brexit done” type smugness.

Already opening the door to a backtrack?

What will happen to taxpayers' money if no flights take off, Sunak asked

In a final question, Sunak is asked by LBC if he will "fight to get every penny of taxpayers' money back" from Rwanda if no flights head to east Africa.

The question comes after the BBC spoke to Rwandan president Paul Kagame, who suggested the money could be returned if no asylum seeker is sent.

A later statement from Rwanda clarified it was under no legal obligation to return the £240m paid by the UK for the scheme so far.

Sunak does not answer directly, but says he is "fighting every day to get the flights off to Rwanda" because he wants to stop the boats.

He says the government has "made good progress" and if "we stick with the plan we can get this done". 

"We need an effective working deterrent, that's what the Rwanda scheme delivers."

So the question now is for the Labour Party and the House of Lords, will they support this bill so we can get it on the statute books as quickly as possible so we can start the flights." 

Beeb

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I wanted to vote no

Instead I abstained

I hope the bill succeeds

The prime minister has my full support

More flip flops in 2 minutes than Ghandi's shoe cupboard

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

To be fair, I think we'd all do the same in the face of such relentless "sniggling".

sniggle in British English

(ˈsnɪɡəl )

VERB1. (intransitive)

to fish for eels by dangling or thrusting a baited hook into cavities

2. (transitive)

to catch (eels) by sniggling

NOUN3. 

the baited hook used for sniggling eels

Edited by choffer

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

I do like Jess Philips.

Where does the £169k per person come from?  We've spent £240 million and sent no-one so the cost per person sent is infinity pounds.

That’s the figure per person sent there assuming it runs to capacity of next to Eff all

Rwanda has capacity for about 1% of people coming across the channel I believe. As a desperate asylum seeker I think I’d be ok with those odds. It ain’t putting anybody off. It’s flawed in its entirety.

Perhaps the next tactic is to get the bill through in record time so the place is full by mid February and even someone as pigshit thick as Lee Sniggly Anderson can see they’ve wasted 2 years and hundreds of millions of pounds.

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Has any microphone picked up this sniggering?  They're pretty good at picking up things like whispers now.  I'd like to see the footage of him entering the house and hearing the sniggering.

• Haha 1

When it comes to the government I'm quite fond of the phrase 'they're not stupid, they just think we are'.

Lee Anderson is very much the exception. The bloke isn't qualified to operate his shoelaces.

• Like 1

Â