The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Presumably that's fraud. It can't be a criminal offence to donate a penny accompanied by feedback on their policy ideas, surely.

It would be fraud if someone did something so outrageous.

Donating a penny might cost them more than that in processing fees and if it doesn't it will at least annoy their bank. There aren't many characters in a payment reference though.

6 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

It's crazy that there is no mechanism for removing your MP, unless they break the law. This whole 'honor' system that our political system works on is such BS

You get a chance to remove them at the next election. 

The job would be unworkable if you were faced with being voted out by factions of your political opponents on a weekly basis. 

• Like 1

Not turning up for work out of sheer ignorance and pig headedness should be enough of a reason to enact change.  It is a job.   I think to suggest that an MP should not be challenged until election time because their job will be unworkable is a little ironic in this situation.  What work?  There are a multitude of reasons that an MP (a human) should not be entrusted with the continuation of their work that are not illegal acts.  Like being crap.

10 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

It's crazy that there is no mechanism for removing your MP, unless they break the law. This whole 'honor' system that our political system works on is such BS

Your honours system has put an agent of Fascist Russia. Evgeny Lebede, into your parliament's Upper House.  From outside the UK we have the perspective of how dirty Russian money has clearly compromised your politics. We wonder why so many in the UK are too polite to question these links. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

6 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Your honours system has put an agent of Fascist Russia. Evgeny Lebede, into your parliament's Upper House.  From outside the UK we have the perspective of how dirty Russian money has clearly compromised your politics. We wonder why so many in the UK are too polite to question these links. 

Those links are questioned, not sure where you got the idea that they aren't, Channel 4 Dispatches ran a programme on it, there have been articles in The Times, The Guardian and The Independent. Its well known, people complain, those complaints fell on deaf ears.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Khan wins ULEZ vote (not suprising as its a big money maker) i expect ULEZ will be in every major city in next 10 years.

another nail in this countries coffin

It was a high court appeal case not a vote

9/10 cars on London's roads are already compliant. I really don't get the huge issue here.

Is your car compliant Dem?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

It was a high court appeal case not a vote

9/10 cars on London's roads are already compliant. I really don't get the huge issue here.

Is your car compliant Dem?

Its compliant just about the issue i see happening bicks is the age of the car coming down. So for example if everyone switches to newer cars (which wont happen as people cant afford them but lets say hypothetically they could)  whats stopoing them from changing it to your car has to be 5 years old, then 2 years then you have to constantly change them or worse its all over and no matter how old your car is you have to pay. Then what £12.50 a day is ridiculous. Thats extortionate 

Edited by Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

another nail in this countries coffin

Ulez is not another nail in this countries coffin. In the grand scheme of things it is not even a pin prick.

There are plenty of nails to be very worried and very angry about like needing to see a GP and not being able to get an appointment for weeks, needing cancer treatment but waiting so long it becomes too late, needing an ambulance but waiting hours upon hours for one to come, wanting a house but there not being enough of them, being hungry but not being able to afford food, wanting to put your heating on when it is freezing but knowing you won't be able to afford the bill or have no money to top up the pre payment meter, seeing your child hungry but not having the money to feed them, wanting your child to be in the local school but there not being enough places, wanting the Police to come to your house after you've been burgled but them not having the resources to, needing help with an elderly relative but finding adult social care has been decimated and there is no help....I could go on all day. These are all very real concerns for millions of people in this country Dem and are worthy of being very upset and very angry about. Quite frankly your issue with Ulez in the grand scheme of things is insignificant especially given it seems to be based on hypotheticals. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Not only that, what if they start charging different amounts based on how many passengers you have, what colour your car is or whether you even need to be in London?

I'd be **** fuming if I lived down there.

£80 a day just for driving a brand new green car with the Mrs in the passenger seat? It's daylight robbery!

Do you live in ULEZ zone NV?

20 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Ulez is not another nail in this countries coffin. In the grand scheme of things it is not even a pin prick.

There are plenty of nails to be very worried and very angry about like needing to see a GP and not being able to get an appointment for weeks, needing cancer treatment but waiting so long it becomes too late, needing an ambulance but waiting hours upon hours for one to come, wanting a house but there not being enough of them, being hungry but not being able to afford food, wanting to put your heating on when it is freezing but knowing you won't be able to afford the bill or have no money to top up the pre payment meter, seeing your child hungry but not having the money to feed them, wanting your child to be in the local school but there not being enough places, wanting the Police to come to your house after you've been burgled but them not having the resources to, needing help with an elderly relative but finding adult social care has been decimated and there is no help....I could go on all day. These are all very real concerns for millions of people in this country Dem and are worthy of being very upset and very angry about. Quite frankly your issue with Ulez in the grand scheme of things is insignificant especially given it seems to be based on hypotheticals. 

I said "another" mark

Although i agree with you about the gps and the other issues you address in your pist mark to completely dismiss the ulez as nit a issue i think your completely wrong.

Its easy to say that if 1) it doesn't effect you 2) its khan so of course as a labour supporter you wont criticise him 3) go tell that to the poor/people that cabt afford this.

Its quite suprising as labour supporters and who are constantly criticising the government for not helping people (rightly so) why you fail to criticise this as its obviously going to hit poor people in the pocket.

Dont worry once it works here it will be in birmingham (bicks said they want it in Manchester so that will be next) then all the other major cities as its going to make them huge amount of money. Then when your forking about 87.50 a week lets see if your still not really bothered  about ulez. Its easy to say its not bothering you when your not stuck in it.

You dont realise what other factors ulez has on jobs as well believe me. Its **** terrible =(

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

I do. Hasn’t negatively impacted anyone I know. 

Where do you live if you dont mind me asking? 

If its central l london not many people have cars as they get tube everywhere.  The extenaion falls in areas that dont have that luxury. Also people that live there have alot more money 

Edited by Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont worry once it works here it will be in birmingham (bicks said they want it in Manchester so that will be next) then all the other major cities as its going to make them huge amount of money. Then when your forking about 87.50 a week lets see if your still not really bothered  about ulez. Its easy to say its not bothering you when your not stuck in it.

It’s already in other cities. London, unlike the others, there’s no government scheme to help with replacing old very polluting cars, via a scrappage payment. I believe that’s down to central, Tory government.

ULEZ is a Tory scheme. It’s actually the right thing to do. Pollution kills people. I already covered all that. The tories have quite deliberately targeted London and Khan via forcing him to expand ULEZ and forcing him to put up public transport costs. And guess what, it’s working. He’s getting blamed. Same as with knife crime. Tory police cuts. Then blame the mayor for increased crime. I don’t much like Khan, but he’s getting a lot of flak for stuff that’s not his doing.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Where do you live if you dont mind me asking? 

If its central l london not many people have cars as they get tube everywhere.  The extenaion falls in areas that dont have that luxury. Also people that live there have alot more money 

One of the poorest parts of West London. Hounslow to be exact. The ULEZ has just been extended out here and I’ve seen very little pushback against it. 

48 minutes ago, choffer said:

One of the poorest parts of West London. Hounslow to be exact. The ULEZ has just been extended out here and I’ve seen very little pushback against it. 

But thats probably because you have good transport links around there. 

54 minutes ago, blandy said:

It’s already in other cities. London, unlike the others, there’s no government scheme to help with replacing old very polluting cars, via a scrappage payment. I believe that’s down to central, Tory government.

ULEZ is a Tory scheme. It’s actually the right thing to do. Pollution kills people. I already covered all that. The tories have quite deliberately targeted London and Khan via forcing him to expand ULEZ and forcing him to put up public transport costs. And guess what, it’s working. He’s getting blamed. Same as with knife crime. Tory police cuts. Then blame the mayor for increased crime. I don’t much like Khan, but he’s getting a lot of flak for stuff that’s not his doing.

Are my eyes deceiving me did you just say the tories have done something right? 😉What cities in the uk is it in pete? Yeah i think we had the discussion about the pollution.  I disagree its the right thing to do to be honest.  Its good if you have a actual plan but this is just to make money. The plan is being challenged by tory councils zero labour ones so i think tells us everything we need to know.

The scrappage scheme from what i read doesnt help much with the cost of a new car.  In my opinion of your goibg to implement this on people you should say this will be the plan in x amount of years to help people financially.  One idea i suggested was upping the age of people who can legally drive, incentives for older people to uss public transporr and not drive.

Punishing the poorest yet again is a terrible idea. Its them that are going to suffer the most and businesses

Edited by Demitri_C

Â