The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

He's the "photo of him with lines of coke on the table in front of him" one, if you're losing track of them.

So many by-elections it'll feel like a mini-General election. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

there are people in this forum who i have no doubt are still planning on voting for them in the next election. i'm genuinely curious to know why...no judgement, i'm just really interested to know reasons. they're scumbags the absolute lot of them. do we really need to wait 18 months before we get these **** out? surely it's game over now...and from a strategic standpoint, the longer the leave it, the more damage they'll do which reduces their chance of returning to power so you'd think they might retain just a crumb of respect from at least a few people if they just call it now

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I genuinely can’t wait to hear the mental gymnastics Tory supporters are going to perform to defend that party now 😂

It will be that everyone was having parties and ignoring the rules anyway. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

But starmer had a beer

47 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It will be that everyone was having parties and ignoring the rules anyway. 

I went over to the in laws for a drink last night and these 2 points were literally what they kept saying and how it was just as bad. Also that Labour have stopped the Tories from doing anything as they oppose everything and the immigrants come over and all claim benefits.

It’s actually really frustrating as probably 5 years or so ago they were staunch labour supporters without question and would be infinitely better off not being under a Tory government.

The damage that the Daily Mail (and other right wing papers) has done to this country is insurmountable.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

there are people in this forum who i have no doubt are still planning on voting for them in the next election. i'm genuinely curious to know why...no judgement, i'm just really interested to know reasons. they're scumbags the absolute lot of them. do we really need to wait 18 months before we get these **** out? surely it's game over now...and from a strategic standpoint, the longer the leave it, the more damage they'll do which reduces their chance of returning to power so you'd think they might retain just a crumb of respect from at least a few people if they just call it now

Schools - ****

Health service - ****

Police - ****

Economy - ****

Brexit - ****

Immogration - ****

Trust in politicians - ****

Is there actually ANY reason to vote for them? Even the argument of the other lot being just as bad is pretty difficult to imagine.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

I went over to the in laws for a drink last night and these 2 points were literally what they kept saying and how it was just as bad. Also that Labour have stopped the Tories from doing anything as they oppose everything and the immigrants come over and all claim benefits.

It’s actually really frustrating as probably 5 years or so ago they were staunch labour supporters without question and would be infinitely better off not being under a Tory government.

The damage that the Daily Mail (and other right wing papers) has done to this country is insurmountable.

Out of interest if they were staunch Labour why do they read the Daily Mail? Presuming that isn’t the case do you know what changed their mind? 

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Out of interest if they were staunch Labour why do they read the Daily Mail? Presuming that isn’t the case do you know what changed their mind? 

Tittle tattle, gossip and the rest just seeps in eventually by some sort of (lack of) intellectual osmosis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

I've changed my mind on Mid-Beds, having looked at the percentages, it actually isn't as big a mountain to climb as Tiverton and Honiton nor North Shropshire. In a by-election, with the Tories even lower in the polls with a much deeper crisis its perfectly possible. Comparing those two constituencies 2019 results and Mid-Beds, the starting points are very similar but Mid-Beds is a slightly easier win as long as the Labour vote collapses

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Curious to know who / how the video has emerged - there is an agenda here, is it to dismiss the honours list? 

Probably some Tory staffer upset that they weren't given a peerage like everyone else in the video

• Like 2

Â