The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

That was amazing :crylaugh:.  She was a guest on HIS show apparently (I don't watch that tripe but was tickled by the clip on Twitter). 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, trekka said:

That was amazing :crylaugh:.  She was a guest on HIS show apparently (I don't watch that tripe but was tickled by the clip on Twitter). 

To be honest he’s actually gone up in my estimation a bit after watching this. Fair play to him for having her on and calmly listening to her attacks. I wish she had brought some more points rather than just calling him a liar over and over though. I suppose it would be pretty tough to go on there and make a comprehensive rebuttal of all his responses on the fly though, there must be a whole bunch of things she wishes she had said.

1 hour ago, trekka said:

That’s incredible. 

“You were born into a life of privilege Jacob and you used it to be a conman and lie to people”

giphy.gif

leonardo-dicaprio-clapping.gif

clapping-applause.gif

On 26/04/2023 at 22:10, Davkaus said:

More complete video here.

He's an unbelievably thick clearing in the woods. Should be ranting on facebook about "doing his own research" not questioning someone in a select committee.

He's such a bell end. He thinks he's the cleverest bloke in every room, but he's just a boorish fool.

• Like 1

I see the utter dimwit David Davis has managed to be right for the third time in his career in calling for the need for voter ID to be pushed back in case hundreds of thousands of people are denied a legitimate vote. Yes, his motivation maybe that the Tories will f*** themselves over with this policy but he's at least semi-correct again.

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

I see the utter dimwit David Davis has managed to be right for the third time in his career in calling for the need for voter ID to be pushed back in case hundreds of thousands of people are denied a legitimate vote. Yes, his motivation maybe that the Tories will f*** themselves over with this policy but he's at least semi-correct again.

Why would people who want to vote not have ID?

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So my MP Julian Knight has been at it again. 

Says he will stand down at the next election. 

Go now Julian, go now. 

You might still get your wish

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65412925

MP Julian Knight faces fresh misconduct allegations, BBC is told

Four women have made complaints to parliamentary authorities about MP Julian Knight since police dropped an investigation into him, the BBC has been told.

The fresh complaints are thought to allege inappropriate comments and behaviour.

The BBC has also been told five different women raised sexual misconduct allegations about him to the police.

18 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why would people who want to vote not have ID?

Why would you need it to vote when it's never been a problem voting without one?

ID also cost money

ID required to vote also hasn't been very well advertised

And FWIW it will hurt the Tory Prty more than Labour as the younger you are, the more likely you are to have ID and the more rural you are, the less likely you are to return to the ballot box with your ID.

It is a Tory attempt to deny certain elements their democratic right and I expect it to bite them on the arse.

Also your idea that wanting to vote and having ID are somehow connected is very odd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

ID also cost money

The few that don’t have a passport or driving license can get an ID card to allow them to vote for free

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

ID required to vote also hasn't been very well advertised

I’ve seen literally hundreds of adverts on TV and online. On things through my door and mentioned on the radio.

I think more people know that ID is required than what Labour are going to do if/when they win the next GE.

• Like 1

This answer in todays yougov survey is quite telling.

According to a recent YouGov/The Times survey of UK adults, 28% said they think Keir Starmer would make the best PM, while 26% said Rishi Sunak. 41% said they are not sure.

Despite the general national feeling the Tories are an absolute disgrace Starmer only narrowly seen as a better PM than Sunak.

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

This answer in todays yougov survey is quite telling.

According to a recent YouGov/The Times survey of UK adults, 28% said they think Keir Starmer would make the best PM, while 26% said Rishi Sunak. 41% said they are not sure.

Despite the general national feeling the Tories are an absolute disgrace Starmer only narrowly seen as a better PM than Sunak.

Are those results weighted for the demographics that gave their opinion? Or is that just raw data which is absolutely meaningless?

I think the problem is that we know the Tories have made a royal mess of pretty much everything, what would someone else do differently? I personally don’t really know and I think that feeling is common across the country.

How can someone say that Starmer would make a better PM when it’s not clear what he would do differently to Johnson & Sunak?

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

How can someone say that Starmer would make a better PM when it’s not clear what he would do differently to Johnson & Sunak?

I think they've made it pretty clear tbh.

And I say that as someone who isn't voting for them

2 hours ago, cyrusr said:

https://stopthetories.vote/

Seems to be a new tool to assist in tactical voting for the local elections next week.

Just typed in my location and the answers it gave suggest it's a Labour tool, not really neutral. The correct answers would have been Independent candidate 1 and 2. The answer it gave was Labour candidate and " unclear".

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

Just typed in my location and the answers it gave suggest it's a Labour tool, not really neutral. The correct answers would have been Independent candidate 1 and 2. The answer it gave was Labour candidate and " unclear".

Ah fair enough, thought it was an independent one so that isn't great. Shame but presume there are others out there. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I think they've made it pretty clear tbh.

And I say that as someone who isn't voting for them

I don't think it's clear at all. What I have heard is the usual words, we will do this better, that better, but nothing to say how.

Starmers got a personality of a stone too, he's not a very relatable person, an this is not saying Sunak is better, cause he is just to far away from real life. Someone with a bit of natural ability would get overwhelming votes.

I don't actually vote anyway, it's so hard being spoilt for choice what bunch of numpties to vote for.

• Like 1

Â