The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is Raab gonna get sacked then?

Doubt it, not sure I want them to either. I'd rather it rumbled on a while and caused maximum damage

Raab somehow seems to have a charmed life when it comes to sackings / demotions / resignations, so much so I often wonder what he knows that he's keeping a lid on.Or it could be that he's considered a true intellectual in throbby circles and the throbbers insist he stays.

• Like 2

On 17/04/2023 at 13:34, Genie said:

actually I didn’t twig until just now when I googled the news, the big new vote winner they’ve announced is government funded childcare places isn’t it :lol: They are shameless aren’t they.

And reducing the number of carers needed per child. 

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

And Raab resigns

Only in the strictest, most technical sense from reading the letter. He was given a revolver and a bottle of whisky and told that he had an hour before the firing squad was coming in to do it for him.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

And Raab resigns

That’s annoying, I actually almost wrote last night that he’ll be asked to resign. 

Makes Mr “lead with integrity” look like a pussy too.

Bunch of clowns. 

I made it clear, if I was caught with the money from the bank I would immediately give it back (and not expect to be charged by the police).

If not I would keep it.

That seems entirely fair. 

18 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

If he were sacked, he'd never be able to hold a ministerial position in the future.

Resignation, though? See you in the next Tory Government!

Unscrupulous words removed.

Would be lucky to still be an MP next election. Has less than 3,000 majority and lost votes last election to Lib Dems. With an Anti-Tory swing inevitable at the next election I am not sure how he would survive (unless he has jumped ship to another constituency). 

Whilst this would have been better to drag on and cause more harm, the fact that he resigned rather than sacked by Sunak still doesn't look good and feeds into the indecisive narrative against Sunak. 

Edit: Also, not sure if sacking prevents future ministerial position? Where have you got that from?

Edited by cyrusr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

Would be lucky to still be an MP next election. Has less than 3,000 majority and lost votes last election to Lib Dems. With an Anti-Tory swing inevitable at the next election I am not sure how he would survive (unless he has jumped ship to another constituency). 

Whilst this would have been better to drag on and cause more harm, the fact that he resigned rather than sacked by Sunak still doesn't look good and feeds into the indecisive narrative against Sunak. 

Yep, that is one of those seats that Labour really will not be trying in

Also worth pointing out that quite often Lab / LibDem are of a similar vote share in that constituency and the voters there clearly made a collective decision to attempt to get rid of Raab last time as the Labour vote completely collapsed to under 2.5K. Thats way more than the fear of Corbyn would do

• Like 1

Just this week:

Inflation refuses to come down, despite Sunak’s pledge to halve it.

Nurses and doctors voting for more strikes, despite Sunak’s pledge to cut NHS wait times.

Mr lead with integrity refuses to sack a bully.

Starmers questions on PMQ’s write themselves don’t they.

• Thanks 1

"In setting the threshold for bullying so low..."

There's a threshold for bullying now?
The Prime Minister clearly agreed with the findings, so Raab is having a pop at Sunak there

I also find the idea that he went through 8 speed cameras and only two of them were activated by his speed, somewhat hilarious as a defence, you don't get congratulations for being on the right side of the "threshold" 6 times when you crossed it even once let alone twice

Not a hint of an apology either

His personality clearly shines through that letter, he's an absolute word removed

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â