The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

So there was no change in Chancellor but the "mini-Budget" has been pushed back to Nov 17th

Rishi is probably worried that he might beat Truss’s 44 days in position. 

He’s already shortest in height, he doesn’t want to be shortest in time too. 

He’s an awful shameless Tory but I thought Sunak would at least provide a bit more of a challenge in PMQs.  Nope, straight to the predictable jibes about brexit and the ‘member for Islington North’ 🙄

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He’s an awful shameless Tory but I thought Sunak would at least provide a bit more of a challenge in PMQs.  Nope, straight to the predictable jibes about brexit and the ‘member for Islington North’ 🙄

He was terrible.

It was like Will Ferrell in the campaign where he would shout “support the troops” at the end of every sentance for a guaranteed cheer.

Quite bizarre really, all the PR yesterday looked like a push to set him apart as a sensible option, yet he only thing missing from that same old shit PMQ's performance was a "captain hindsight" reference. I know in practice and policy its business as usual but I'm surprised they've immediately embraced that from an optics perspective too.

• Like 1

Wow. James Cleverly showing his true colours. What an embarrassment of a human being. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63401193

LGBT football fans told to be respectful at Qatar World Cup

LGBT football fans who attend the World Cup in Qatar should show "a little bit of flex and compromise", Foreign Secretary James Cleverly has said.

Speaking to LBC on Wednesday, he told fans travelling from England and Wales to be "respectful of the host nation", where same-sex activity is illegal.

Shocking stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is what i was referring to, but we  still call it road tax where im from

That’s fine Dem. I don’t believe new cars are automatically exempt for 3 years, which I think you typed. That’s why I wondered if you thinking of the 3 year MoT test exemption for new cars. Whatever, back to the Tories and it’ll be interesting to see if they change their (Truss) stance on green stuff, like the mental fracking thing.

36 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Wow. James Cleverly showing his true colours. What an embarrassment of a human being. 

Well, if you're going to go and visit a despotic, backwards shithole where your identity is criminalised, yeah.

I find No 10's update more concerning

Within hours, the Prime Minister's official spokesman said LGBT fans should not be expected to "compromise who they are" if they visit Qatar for the World Cup.

Great advice. Don't compromise who you are, and go directly to jail.

Top tip, don't go to **** Qatar. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63401193

LGBT football fans told to be respectful at Qatar World Cup

LGBT football fans who attend the World Cup in Qatar should show "a little bit of flex and compromise", Foreign Secretary James Cleverly has said.

Speaking to LBC on Wednesday, he told fans travelling from England and Wales to be "respectful of the host nation", where same-sex activity is illegal.

Shocking stuff. 

The huge mistake was awarding an international event to a country with such poor human rights.

Isn't advising UK citizens not to break the laws of a country they are voluntarily visiting, however abhorrent some of those laws are, whatever the country and whatever the purpose of the visit is, reasonable? 

Using the term 'respectful' may incorrectly give the impression of condoning the laws. To me, it's highlighting reasons not to visit that country.

I wish each country's FA had universally refused to commence the qualifying games until the finals were moved to a country with more widely acceptable human rights.

• Like 2

The latest problem is awarding the event to a backwards shithole. The fundamental problem is cultural assets being controlled by the wealthy who care about nothing but their own bank balance. 

In an ideal world we'd sack it all off and start again with community owned grassroot clubs and keep the capitalists out.

• Like 2

Rishi Sunak opened PMQ's by thanking Kier Starmer for his welcome, and said he looked forward to robust, but serious discussion with Starmer.

It took 40 seconds for him to claim that Labour want unlimited immigration, 2 minutes to claim they backed "the lunatic fringe" protestors, and 3 minutes to bring up Jeremy Corbyn.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So if I understand correctly, the Foreign Secretary’s advice is for gay folks travelling to Qatar to be a bit less gay whilst they’re there.

I think so, pretend to be straight.

Rishi Sunak pledged to bring “integrity and accountability” as prime minister on his first day in No 10

Link

Starmer was bang on about Sunak saying one thing and doing another.

Sir Gavin Williamson has made an unlikely political comeback after being sacked by Boris Johnson over the exams fiasco during the pandemic. 

He is one of several familiar faces who have been kicked out of government before only to be brought back into the fold by Rishi Sunak.

The Staffordshire MP was also ousted by Theresa May after he was accused of leaking sensitive documents relating to Huawei and 5G. 

Metro

Then of course Braverman who jumped before being sacked last week.

image.gif

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

I thought Starmer's shot across the bows of Party before Country was rather well delivered and will resonate a lot with the public. 

That is to say with (I suspect) the rather small percentage of the public that watches PMQs. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That is to say with (I suspect) the rather small percentage of the public that watches PMQs. 

It'll be on all the main news programmes I imagine plus reported in the papers tomorrow. I also think it'll be a repeated quite a bit over the coming weeks

• Like 1

Â