The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Like we all knew that Truss would be a car crash.

But did anyone expect her to do this badly.

Mistake after mistake, U-turn after u-turn.

She is massively out of her depth.

The only question was about just how much of a disaster she would be. It was never in question that it would go badly.

• Like 1

Should there not be some sort of legislation to prevent this kind of thing?

I know you vote for a party, but surely that doesn't allow them free reign to do the sort of things they've done since Boris won. 

How can we not have a general election at this point? How much damage do they get to do?

So basically she is now in the position where the stuff she told conservative members to get the job re: not raising corporation tax was a complete load of bull.

Not only did she do all this without a mandate from the people but she is now also reneging on the commitments to her own party members to get her the job in the first place.

Just do the humane thing and give her both barrels she's done.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Should there not be some sort of legislation to prevent this kind of thing?

I know you vote for a party, but surely that doesn't allow them free reign to do the sort of things they've done since Boris won. 

How can we not have a general election at this point? How much damage do they get to do?

Well, our system is built so that you don't really vote for a party - you vote for a representative for your constituency, an individual. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, picicata said:

Meh. I live in an area that you could reanimate the corpse of Jimmy Savile and as long as you pinned a blue rosette to it certain people would vote for him. As it is my MP looks like a face drawn on a balloon and as far as I can tell has never done anything of note in the HoC other than agree with whatever the current PM is saying

Lichfield is it?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Nadine Dorries speaking a modicum of sense? Have we entered the twilight zone?!

No, Dorries laying the ground for "there is only one other person in the party who can claim to have a democratic mandate to govern without an election, someone with a history of winning elections...."

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

No, Dorries laying the ground for "there is only one other person in the party who can claim to have a democratic mandate to govern without an election, someone with a history of winning elections...."

53725099-10471773-image-m-23_16438886802

• Thanks 1

Â