The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Tory Greatest Hits isn't it. Make an enemy of unions, pretend it isn't happening because of their mismanagement of the economy

Would like to see Starmer come out with a plan for economic growth... it's what everyone wants. Not juvenile us vs them bullshit

Starmer doesn’t need to to come up with anything at the moment, it would be nice but it would be something the tories would beat him with.

Letting then rip each other apart is perfect. 

On Kwarteng, that policy is abhorrent in what it’s trying to achieve. Useless in its application.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They need drivers, or they need massive investment in technology.

So they need drivers.

investment that would be worth it for everyone but the train drivers.

Automation is tough, and I’m not advocating it happening immediately and people losing their jobs, far from it. But the question was do we need train drivers and the answer is no (or not really as I said, since the political aspect is complicated). There’s loads of lines all over the world that are automated

Edited by a m ole

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Automation is tough, and I’m not advocating it happening immediately and people losing their jobs, far from it. But the question was do we need train drivers and the answer is no (or not really as I said, since the political aspect is complicated). There’s loads of lines all over the world that are automated

Yep, its easily done, but the investment wouldn’t happen. They couldn’t partly just automate, just the London bound trains, so the investment would be greater than HS2 but without the obvious pay back for the economy of London.

I just can’t see that happening. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Mainline passenger service lines on complex networks that still involve victorian signals in places and tokens on single track lines?

The absolute vast majority are closed network Metro systems

The longest driverless network in either North or South America is in Canada and is a whole 79km in length

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Mainline passenger service lines on complex networks that still involve victorian signals in places and tokens on single track lines?

The absolute vast majority are closed network Metro systems

The longest driverless network in either North or South America is in Canada and is a whole 79km in length

The technology isn’t the problem, is the point. It’s technically quite easy

Just now, a m ole said:

The technology isn’t the problem, is the point. It’s technically quite easy

It really isn't because it actually doesn't exist yet. The first system to even try it is being trialed on a short section of a german network, that only started last year. Just like driverless cars, we're decades away from open network driverless trains

Just now, bickster said:

It really isn't because it actually doesn't exist yet. The first system to even try it is being trialed on a short section of a german network, that only started last year. Just like driverless cars, we're decades away from open network driverless trains

The technology on rails is much more simple than driverless cars though. It’s not the ability of the tech delaying progress. It does exist. Implementing it on an old network is a different problem.

Drivers suck, we don’t need em 😇

4 hours ago, bickster said:

What a load of grandstanding nonsense in the current climate

Where do you hire all these spare skilled staff from? For a day (or two)?

They came up with this wheeze because of the rail strikes

Where's this surplus of trained guards (sorry train Managers) and drivers coming from. The Industry already needs more of them there aren't spares just waiting around for a strike. It's pretty much the same in any skilled industry

Doesn't matter. The soundbyte is out there and that is all that matters. You're sounding an awful lot like project tear. 

Boohoo.... I'm trying to think of a ever slogan but I've had about 10 pints. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bickster said:

What a load of grandstanding nonsense in the current climate

Where do you hire all these spare skilled staff from? For a day (or two)?

They came up with this wheeze because of the rail strikes

Where's this surplus of trained guards (sorry train Managers) and drivers coming from. The Industry already needs more of them there aren't spares just waiting around for a strike. It's pretty much the same in any skilled industry

giphy.gif

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Rule Number 1 - kids and animals

It really is basic stuff

Maybe she's telling them nursery rhymes about how their futures have been sold down the river? That because of climate change and economic collapse, war in Ukraine, the pandemic, energy crises, food scarcity, global inequality, racism, sexism, crime and stretching to breaking point of the NHS, all of which have thrived over the last government's tenure, things aren't looking so great for little Jimmy. 

Or she's probably talking to them about cheese. or Pandas. Yeah, Pandas.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Maybe she's telling them nursery rhymes about how their futures have been sold down the river? That because of climate change and economic collapse, war in Ukraine, the pandemic, energy crises, food scarcity, global inequality, racism, sexism, crime and stretching to breaking point of the NHS, all of which have thrived over the last government's tenure, things aren't looking so great for little Jimmy. 

Or she's probably talking to them about cheese. or Pandas. Yeah, Pandas.  

Panda Markets are a disgrace!

Â