The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Anyway, moving on from people waving their fists at clouds...

Truss / Sunak looking more and more nailed on. Although the next home for Tugendhat's votes are probably the least predictable to er...predict.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Truss / Sunak looking more and more nailed on. Although the next home for Tugendhat's votes are probably the least predictable to er...predict.

Or folks disagreeing with someone bad at maths. Which right winger do you fancy BTW?

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

The power of the daily mail.

Heaven help us all.

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

Does anyone disagree that the Badenoch vote will go to Truss?

Less sure that the members will choose Truss over Sunak  but a distinct possibility.

I think it’s a bit of a myth that the votes move about in neat blocs. MPs have lots of motives besides ideology/policy to back certain candidates. You can see that already with how votes have transferred in the earlier rounds.

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I think it’s a bit of a myth that the votes move about in neat blocs. MPs have lots of motives besides ideology/policy to back certain candidates. You can see that already with how votes have transferred in the earlier rounds.

No they won't move in near blocks. 

But I still think Truss will hoover up a good whack of the Badenoch vote.

My guess is the final three figures will be (admittedly quick calculations on the back of packet of B&H gold)…

Sunak about 135, Truss about 115 and Mordaunt about 105.

That’s on the assumption that Sunak and Mordaunt split the Tugendhat support evenly and Truss picks up 75% of the Badenoch support, with the rest again being split between Sunak and Mordaunt (I think Truss picking up 75% is an, erm, conservative guess).

Sound plausible?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

My guess is the final three figures will be (admittedly quick calculations on the back of packet of B&H gold)…

Sunak about 135, Truss about 115 and Mordaunt about 105.

That’s on the assumption that Sunak and Mordaunt split the Tugendhat support evenly and Truss picks up 75% of the Badenoch support, with the rest again being split between Sunak and Mordaunt (I think Truss picking up 75% is an, erm, conservative guess).

Sound plausible?

More than plausible. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hippo said:

No they won't move in near blocks. 

But I still think Truss will hoover up a good whack of the Badenoch vote.

Apparently the Tugendhat vote has a big “anyone but Truss” contingent who may opt to vote for Badenoch to eliminate Truss from the contest. These things aren’t predictable on ideology because there is so much tactical voting and horse trading. These are Tory MPs, they are devious ****.

Edit: also Sunak has enough votes now that he could probably lend 5-10 votes to Badenoch to help eliminate Truss

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

More than plausible. 

Looking at it and assuming Truss does pick up the Badenoch votes that I’m estimating, I assume that Mordaunt has to pick up something like 25 or so of Tugendhat’s 31 votes to have a chance of making the final two (along with picking up a bit of share of Badenoch’s along the way).

This is where I got it from btw. I think there’s a few twists and turns left in this… the bookies odds have been all over the place, overreacting to single polls and general public reaction to debates (irrelevant).

And now Sunak is sitting pretty near the 120 guarantee, he may want to start messing things up for his rivals.

He may even have supporters who have been doing this from the start, so they can give a sense of momentum going into the member vote when they split for him, or to boost the reputation of younger candidates. For instance, Gove has backed Badenoch, and I’d be surprised if he didn’t eventually go for Sunak over Truss/Mordaunt, given everything Cummings has said.

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Apparently the Tugendhat vote has a big “anyone but Truss” contingent who may opt to vote for Badenoch to eliminate Truss from the contest. These things aren’t predictable on ideology because there is so much tactical voting and horse trading. These are Tory MPs, they are devious ****.

Edit: also Sunak has enough votes now that he could probably lend 5-10 votes to Badenoch to help eliminate Truss

Ooooo so sly, I love it!

Â