The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe someone could remember better than me, but what were the main differences between her Brexit deal and the one we’ve ended up with from Boris?

Hers was better

(which admittedly in this case is like drinking piss instead of eating shit)

• Haha 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Hers was better

(which admittedly in this case is like drinking piss instead of eating shit)

My recollection was they were similar but hers would have been better than what we actually have but wasn’t 100%.

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That doesn't change that Mogg's argument is completely hypocritical.  

He got out in front of it and said he was wrong to say it in the past, before Johnson's vote.

No doubt next time he finds himself wanting a PM out, he'll do the same and admit he was wrong about Johnson. Just another bullshit artist.

52 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That doesn't change that Mogg's argument is completely hypocritical.  

Agreed.

I just think Boris has a better chance of surviving than May did.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Agreed.

I just think Boris has a better chance of surviving than May did.

Not sure about “surviving”, he may hang around longer as he has no morals or sense of decency to do the right thing and **** off.

49 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not sure about “surviving”, he may hang around longer as he has no morals or sense of decency to do the right thing and **** off.

I don't see the electorate voting him out 

He was elected on the loveable dodgy rogue ticket and so it's proved. But it's not such a crisis because people suspected or knew what he was like before they voted for him.

17 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Unless I’m missing something blindingly obvious, could someone explain Zelensky’s massive lob on for Boris? 

He’s doing whatever he needs to do for Ukraine. Keep blowing smoke up his arse, he’ll keep getting weapons. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Unless I’m missing something blindingly obvious, could someone explain Zelensky’s massive lob on for Boris? 

We were at the front of the line to help Ukraine, most likely before the crisis even developed. It's about the only thing Johnson's government has done right.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

We were at the front of the line to help Ukraine, most likely before the crisis even developed. It's about the only thing Johnson's government has done right.

Motivation is everything with Bojo. He’ll give the Ukrainians weapons , not because it’s the right thing to do for them, but because he thinks it’s good for him. I’ve no doubt he’d arm the Ruskies if he thought he could get anything out of it for himself. He’s a self obsessed chancer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I don't see the electorate voting him out 

He was elected on the loveable dodgy rogue ticket and so it's proved. But it's not such a crisis because people suspected or knew what he was like before they voted for him.

It will be interesting to see how the next election goes without the whole Brexit thing. So many of the 'red wall' constituencies were leave voters, will they revert to labour once Brexit is no longer the issue it was?

32 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Motivation is everything with Bojo. He’ll give the Ukrainians weapons , not because it’s the right thing to do for them, but because he thinks it’s good for him. I’ve no doubt he’d arm the Ruskies if he thought he could get anything out of it for himself. He’s a self obsessed chancer.

Oh he's not doing it because it's the right thing to do, that's, to him, a side benefit. Fortunately in this case what's good for Johnson aligns with what's right.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Boris is supplying lots of weapons, there’s no guarantee that a new leader would be so generous.

• Like 1

We've been to A&E twice in the last fortnight.

On one occasion we were advised we needed to go in with our newborn by the health visitor team when we asked for a bit of gaviscon to help with reflux - we drove ourselves there, but weren't convinced we needed to be in the emergency department, and neither were A&E, and we found that once they missed the 4 hour target, they basically just forgot about us, we were there for nearly 15 hours before being seen by a doctor and sent on our way with the prescription we needed - it was a complete waste of their time, a waste of our time, and something that ought to have been dealt with outside of an emergency setting

A few days ago, she choked and stopped breathing for a couple of minutes (fine now, mercifully). We had 2 ambulances arrive (first one got there ASAP, a second one arrived shortly after with a paramedic who was more experienced with premature babies), we were blue-lit to A&E and had a crash team waiting for our arrival. When it is genuinely an emergency, they pull out the stops, and do everything that is required. I did note that there were close to a dozen ambulances parked up outside waiting to be able to have their patients taken in, and people queueing outside to get in, however.

2 observations from my anecdotal experience really:

1. There are far too many people going to A&E for non-emergency treatment, and while some of this is the fault of time wasting patients, I attribute most of it to the fact that other primary care is woefully inadequate, GPs are overworked and ineffective, and it's so hard to get other care that I can't blame people for trying A&E

2. They provide absolutely amazing care when it is a genuine matter of life and death. I do wonder what would have happened if just one or two more of those waiting in A&E had been genuine emergencies though. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, Genie said:

My recollection was they were similar but hers would have been better than what we actually have but wasn’t 100%.

Her version kept the U.K. in the single market until magic technology could be found that made border checks superfluous. 

Presumably it was a trick to try and keep the hard Brextiers in agreement but they saw through it and kicked her out. 

Â