The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

What a statement, what a guy. I bet even he doesn’t know the exact number.

It did jump out at me that the BBC were willing to publish that, the knives are certainly out when even they will risk negative comments about the dear leader.

19 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Said in here last year, Boris, Hancock and others should be behind bars. Pure evil and absolutely incompetent.

Yeah, if they tried and failed then there’s a level of acceptance. Hancock and Boris repeatedly lied that they were protecting the vulnerable but did the opposite. They should be held to account for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I remember quite early in the Pandemic, reading through the Gov.uk website around Covid stuff and finding out (before it even got in the media) how they were handling the care homes thing and putting untested and Covid positive people from Hospitals into care homes. I remember posting in the Virus thread about it, how it was absolutely appalling. I bet the Gov't appeals, but they haven't got a leg to stand on, they utterly, negligently, effed up their handling of it. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, blandy said:

I remember quite early in the Pandemic, reading through the Gov.uk website around Covid stuff and finding out (before it even got in the media) how they were handling the care homes thing and putting untested and Covid positive people from Hospitals into care homes. I remember posting in the Virus thread about it, how it was absolutely appalling. I bet the Gov't appeals, but they haven't got a leg to stand on, they utterly, negligently, effed up their handling of it. 

Gov will blame the scientists.

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The last question of PMQ's was about this. Bunter blamed the science, saying we didn't know about how asymptomatic transmission would be such a factor with Covid. Mumbled something or other about sympathy etc etc. No shame whatsoever.

51 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Gov will blame the scientists.

They won't be able to. They could try hospital managers, but it was Gov't instruction to do it. Based not on science, but on freeing up capacity in hospitals BUT without doing what was recommended due to lack of testing, IIRC.

• Like 2

They will form a committee to put together a report to decide if a formal investigation is required.

And we will all need to wait for the report.

Gavin Williamson will be leading the committee.

2 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The last question of PMQ's was about this. Bunter blamed the science, saying we didn't know about how asymptomatic transmission would be such a factor with Covid. Mumbled something or other about sympathy etc etc. No shame whatsoever.

See this seems to have been glossed over as well.  From the very start of the pandemic, the threat of asymptomatic transmission was constantly stressed.

I remember Idris Elba testing positive very early in the pandemic and isolating due to asymptomatic transmission. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â