The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It'll be a shame if this gets to go through without a vote, which is sounding quite likely.

Seems that’s exactly what’s just happened. 

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

SKY

Leading ERG Nutter speaks out against Johnson, that I feel has some significance

I was going to ask how much weight or significance does him saying that have for the rest of the tories? 

Is it a bit like “Ooh shit, if Steve thinks that…maybe I shouldn’t support Boris either”.

I kinda assume he has a bit more sway than most.

William Wragg also gave Johnson a bit of a kicking today too.

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It'll be a shame if this gets to go through without a vote, which is sounding quite likely.

On the bright side, that's now three investigations into all this (Police, Sue Gray, Commons committee), meaning there is no end in sight to the story. 

If they can just keep it going for another 22 months or so, that would be smashing. 

We need Johnson to limp on like some clown car version of a state of the art Russian tank.

Need at least one more personal life sex and money scandal, and one more awful policy that clearly benefits his besties.

Then hopefully, he can kill one of the Queen’s horses with an explosive dildo, about a month before the general election.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We need Johnson to limp on like some clown car version of a state of the art Russian tank.

Need at least one more personal life sex and money scandal, and one more awful policy that clearly benefits his besties.

Then hopefully, he can kill one of the Queen’s horses with an explosive dildo, about a month before the general election.

It's not Johnson's fault that those Labour affiliated horses where so sexy and insisted he molest them with Polish made danger dildos. And at least the horses enjoyed it for a while, think what would have happened if Corbyn was there, they'd have prolapsed rectums before they got off let alone before the fuses went off.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

And still win.

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think Rwanda will be the ridiculous policy that looked like a non-starter but they persevered with it for far too long until eventually doing an expensive u-turn.

Edited by Genie

How many hours of MP’s very valuable time has been devoted to debating just how much of a criminal, liar and cheat the PM is?

Boris just doesn’t have a scrap of decency in him hanging around like a bad smell.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Tell me you're completely out of touch and an elitest snob without telling me it... 

If I ever get arrested for anything I might use that court. 

Im sorry your honour, I know the police insist I broke the law but I thought I was acting within in. 

I’m sure I’d be told that ignorance isn’t a defence. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

If I ever get arrested for anything I might use that court. 

Im sorry your honour, I know the police insist I broke the law but I thought I was acting within in. 

I’m sure I’d be told that ignorance isn’t a defence. 

I think I’m gonna mug and old lady, then in Court insist that it’s not the most important thing in the world right now (I’ll have a newspaper with a picture of Ukraine in my hand) so therefore should not be punished. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I think I’m gonna mug and old lady, then in Court insist that it’s not the most important thing in the world right now (I’ll have a newspaper with a picture of Ukraine in my hand) so therefore should not be punished. 

I’ll point at a man across the road in a different colour shirt and say “he would have done worse” 

• Like 1

I saw a clip of Ian Blackford giving a pretty good speech which repeatedly called Boris a liar in the commons yesterday. It cut off before the aftermath but he talked for about 5 minutes and there didn't seem to be any outrage like their usually is when that word is used

You’d think Boris would have advisors telling him he needs to walk before he’s completely unemployable after being PM. We know this PM gig is a stepping stone to earning proper money which he’s risking by being Boris.

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I saw a clip of Ian Blackford giving a pretty good speech which repeatedly called Boris a liar in the commons yesterday. It cut off before the aftermath but he talked for about 5 minutes and there didn't seem to be any outrage like their usually is when that word is used

I saw something yesterday about them permitting the use of 'liar'.

In fact, says so here: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-liar-speaker-commons-parliament-b2062420.html

MPs allowed by Speaker to call Boris Johnson a ‘liar’ in parliament

‘Liar’ is usually banned in parliamentary debates

The Speaker of the House of Commons has permitted MPs to call Boris Johnson a "liar" during a parliamentary debate, breaking with recent convention.

The unusual step comes as parliament discusses whether the prime minister should face a standards probe for his conduct during the Partygate scandal – and over whether he misled parliament.

MPs are banned from using unparliamentary language in the chamber, which normally includes referring to other MPs as liars.

Speaker Lindsay Hoyle has sanctioned MPs for referring to the prime minister as a liar a number of times in recent months, ejecting SNP chief Ian Blackford from the Chamber in January and Labour MP Dawn Butler last summer.

But on Thursday he appeared to temporarily lift the ban, allowing Scottish national party MP Mr Blackford to repeatedly call Mr Johnson a liar.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I saw something yesterday about them permitting the use of 'liar'.

In fact, says so here: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-liar-speaker-commons-parliament-b2062420.html

I think Starmer made quite a good point yesterday (and I paraphrase a bit because I don't have the actual quote) when he said that MP's are protected from being called a liar because not being able to trust what someone is saying in parliament is corrosive to the system but in return it's the rules that you don't knowingly lie (or to use their wanky term, mislead) parliament.

In other words, it's in the rules that you can't lie and it's in the rules that everyone else has to trust what you've said and not impune the honour of the house.

They're 100% right to put the rules aside in this case. The problem we have is that we've never had someone who lies with the frequency and blantency that this clown does. There's also a complete lack of trust in what he's saying even when he isn't lying (boy-who-cried-wold syndrome) and lack of faith in his character. When other politicians had possibly lied to the house it had been pretty rare they'd actually been caught red handed and a lot of the time it was unintentional, and they always had the character to go. An example would be Amber Rudd who resigned for midleading the house on something that didn't even happen on her watch. Still, she accidentally misled the house and had the character to know she had to resign.

• Like 1

Â