The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Even if he's 'technically' right, it won't wash at all.

Something happening at your place of work doesn’t make it within the rules. 

If I’d had a piss up in a meeting room at my office it wouldn’t be acceptable. 

This defence is nonsense

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t know what I would have done differently exactly but I feel like Starmer missed an open goal again there.

boris' response was going to be the same whatever was asked, which was "wait for results of the investigation". it was basically a 'no comment' to everything thrown at him

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

boris' response was going to be the same whatever was asked, which was "wait for results of the investigation". it was basically a 'no comment' to everything thrown at him

I was hoping Starmer would pick apart his apology with more granular information and specifics to highlight the absurdity of it all, as it was he just kept giving him an out of saying sorry, will do better next time.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t know what I would have done differently exactly but I feel like Starmer missed an open goal again there.

It felt a little like he let his foot off of Boris throat towards the end, but I think that's because the pertient points that will headline tonight's news had already been said - called for him to resign, said he was a liar - and by that point Boris was just stonewalling, so you probably couldn't get much more out of him.

I think Starmer actually handled that quite well, and I say that as someone that dislikes Starmer a lot.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

I was hoping Starmer would pick apart his apology with more granular information and specifics to highlight the absurdity of it all, as it was he just kept giving him an out of saying sorry, will do better next time.

i do agree but i can't see boris' response being much different. we were never getting a resignation today

Starmer should have asked him if there were any other parties and if Boris went to them.

Boris will say no and no.

Then when it emerges inevitably there was, and he did it’s caught red handed as a liar.

Edited by Genie

We have to get back to a point where actions have consequences. These things have to matter. 

If nothing comes of these Tory words removed for how they've behaved these last few years then I dread to think what the future holds. 

The whole Trump and Brexit ideology is so poisonous and dangerous and I'd lump this current Tory party in with both of those. 

• Like 1

Â