Pre match thread

roonst83

Do people think Ayew will start? Agree he looked good when he come on, but he played 1 half against a championship side. I know Liverpool aren't having the best of times at the moment but throwing him straight back in?

Do people think Ayew will start? Agree he looked good when he come on, but he played 1 half against a championship side. I know Liverpool aren't having the best of times at the moment but throwing him straight back in?

I would play him while his confidence is high.  This is the team I would start with.  I would put Sanchez on Coutinho, much like he did with Neymar when Colombia played Brazil in the Copa America - 'stop his surges at source' and 'reduce him to a petulant figure'.  Stopper Carlos!

------------------------Guzan----------------------

Hutton------Richards-----Lescott-----Amavi

-------Veretout-----Sanchez-------Gana-----

-------------Ayew-------------Grealish----------

----------------------Gestede----------------------

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/copa-america/83/blog/post/2496317/colombias-win-down-to-carlos-sanchez-dominating-neymar

Sanchez rose to the task with a superb performance of defensive midfield play. He kept a close watch on Neymar, looking to stop his surges at source. He won tackle after tackle against the Brazil captain. Neymar was reduced to a petulant figure, who picked up a second yellow card in two games, and topped it off with a red card at the end of the match......

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Guzan

Bacuna

Richards

Lescott

Amavi

Sanchez

Gana

Veretout

Traore

Gil

Grealish

Sinclair

I want to see this team soooo bad. Damn injuries doing my nut

Wot no Ayew butt? Have we learned nothing this week? Change Sinclair for Ayew and we are business!

So you would go with 12 as well. 4-3-3-1. It has not been tried yet. Might well work.

a 3-2 win

guzan

hutton richards lescott amavi

vertout     westwood

gil

ayew                   grealish

gestede

options of bringing on sinclair gana and sanchez depending on the way the game goes

I would like to go with

Guzan

Hutton . Richards . Lescott . Amavi

Veretout . Sanchez . Gana

Ayew or Gil . Gestede . Grealish

With Adama and Sinclair as a speedy options from the bench.

Gestede to bully the defenders. Adama to come and burn pace on them. Gil and Grealish to create chances.

Got to start with 3 man mid,Sanchez on coutinho,high tempo game don't give them any time. Grealish and Sinclair with ruddy start,then ayew and Gil on for Sinclair and ruddy. Having said that I think Gil should be starting instead of Sinclair, but scotty does come up with goals but does less in a game, tough one to call.

-----------Guzan-----------

Bacuna Micah Clark Amavi

------Sanchez---Gana------

-------Gil--------Jack-------

----Ayew -------------------

------------Gestede---------

Adama on around the hour.

Will never happen though so switch Westwood in for Gil and rejig the formation a bit. Sanchez to sit on Coutinho.