Pre match thread

roonst83

I would like to see.

------------------------Guzan-----------------------

Hutton------Richards-----Lescott-----Amavi

--------------Sanchez-------Veretout----------

--------Ayew------------Gil--------------Grealish

----------------------Sinclair---------------------

Liverpool can score plenty.. so to sit back.. we will eventually concede and lose. We need to attack them. We need pace pace pace in this team. Gestede will be useless against Sahko. We need Gil and Grealish to split their defence with passes behind on to Ayew and Sinclair. Movement and passing will win us this game.

Gueye and Adama would make such a massive difference to this side. Okore too. Possibly even Crespo as a RB. We have potential. We need to start getting some wins before we completely lose confidence and get stuck down there at the bottom of the ladder again.

------------------------Guzan-----------------------

Hutton------Richards-----Lescott-----Amavi

--------------Sanchez-------Veretout----------

--------Ayew------------Gil--------------Grealish

----------------------Sinclair---------------------

I would swap Ayew and Sinclair in that formation and probably play Westwood ahead of Sanchez.

I know this might sound a bit crazy given that it seems to be the most unpopular thing in football these days, but how about playing 4-4-2? I think this would allow us to get the most out of Ayew given what we saw against SHA.

That said, I think we'll be the better team and still lose allowing Rodgers to survive another week, it's just how the football gods seem to work.

We cannot play with 2 midfielders and 3 flair players behind the striker. I am surprised so many posters suggest it. Sanchez, Gueye(if fit), Veretout midfield; 2 from Traore, Grealish, Gil, Ayew - Ayew/ Gestede up front.

For me:

Guzan

Bacuna Richards Clark Amavi

Sanchez Gueye Veretout

Ayew Grealish

Gestede

I think Ayew with his tracking back would protect Bacuna, giving him preference over Hutton. 

• Like 2

Team I would like to see against plop is

Guzan

Bacuna Richards Clark amazing

Veretout Sanchez Gil

Ayew gestede Jack

This is what I'd go for, also with the possibility of Jack tucking in behind a front two of Ayew and Gestede.

Yeah, has to be three in midfield.  That Sherwood seems uncertain of the chemistry of centre midfield without Gana just shoes how reliant we are on him already.

It would be great to be the club to really put the bad chills on Brendan.  On the other hand, his grimly smug mug extolling the wonder of his masterplan after a reprieve victory would be pretty galling stuff.

I don't think we've seen Villa get up teams enough this season.  Let's Genghis Khan these poodles.

Been out for a walk this afternoon. Saw this. dc6cc2d19b28ef6bb1cf23f5cf617d3c.jpg

Forgetting the sign for a moment; that backdrop looks lovely!

Easiest 3 points we will get all season mark my words

Southern Peak District (Derbyshire/Staffs border). It is indeed lovely, good weather all week and staying next door to a pub.

• Like 1