Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The only way we have any chance is by winning 3 of our next 4 games (the winnable ones)

I don't think it will happen. But if it did, then I'd think we had a chance again.

Even then it would still be a very hard ask given our fixtures towards the end of the season.

Agreed...its very unlikely....we are (and have been for the past 4-5 matches) in the position where our next game is always our biggest game of the season.

If we can show the same determination and quality tonight against Leicester on Saturday then we have a chance. The beauty of having Ayew with a partner up front is that we get more bodies in the box. I'm hoping that we might see Veretout making his way into the box a bit more now as well.

Still in it for sure....we need to re-motivate for Leicester though. Tonight we were beyond determined....we need to be the same at the weekend....this is the hardest bit because playing like that every match just is not possible. 

I wouldn't have enjoyed that win at all if I didn't think it was on/possible.

I think the mid-table teams will be our best bet for 3 points.  Teams like Palace who aren't really good enough to get in to Europe but are now safe from relegation will lack that bit of motivation and fight in games.  We are more than likely relegated but there is a small glimmer of hope after todays results and performance. 

I just want to see the same fighting spirit for the remainder of the season. not the defeatist stuff we've seen all season. even if we're not good enough, at least try to batter the opposition if only for pride. I accepted relegation a while back and still see it as the most likely outcome by a landslide, but as you said bose, one game at a time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I think there's something aesthetic about the table that makes me optimistic.

Seeing us have double figures makes me think we nearly have as many points as everybody else!

AESTHETICS

vaporwave_crap_by_kamrateric-d8dhgz1.jpg

1 minute ago, Michelsen said:

That's the only negative about tonight. That hope thing rears its fickle head again. 

Yep now I'm looking at the list and thinking "if we get 4 points from Leicester/WBA....beat Norwich etc"

Realistically it's not going to happen, we still have to win 8 more games to have a good shot but play like that tonight and we can win 3-4 at least and get some pride back and maybe not finish bottom.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep now I'm looking at the list and thinking "if we get 4 points from Leicester/WBA....beat Norwich etc"

Realistically it's not going to happen, we still have to win 8 more games to have a good shot but play like that tonight and we can win 3-4 at least and get some pride back and maybe not finish bottom.

The Baggies game is probably the biggest game in our history in the Prem.

Â