Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

I'm certainly all for it however you need to spend money in that league to stand a chance. Freebies and loans can only take you so far especially as this squad needs wholesale changes. I think we will spend though but the real question is how much. I haven't a problem with loan deals but they should be to bolster the squad rather than form a nucleus.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

The Mirror you say ? Must be true then.

It was also on talksport this morning,Brazil and Friedel were talking about the problems at Villa

16 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Hey -- it's the other Villa fan in a hundred mile radius! ;) 

I know. It's going to be harder. And there will be certain ... let us say, "temptations" ... that will seem alluring from here. What if my eyes begin to wander? Will my heart stay true? (Even THINKING this is a bad sign, I suspect.) An AVFC fan gets lonely here. I suspect the only solution will be a pilgrimage to VP next season, so that I can get my head sorted.

@Marka Ragnos @New_Jersey_Villa Maybe this would be a good opportunity to set up a Fan Club? There must be more of you guys in the north east US? You could make an event of watching games together.

I'm off to New York in May so maybe i'll ask around Manhattan for you ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well todays mirror is saying we are preparing for life in championship by targeting championship experienced players, and ones coming to end of contract so as we all said they all know we are down thats why they are playing like losers.

So expect crap signings like richardson and senderos again

are you really expecting good players will be coming to Villa? we are the shittest top flight team in the big leagues in Europe

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

are you really expecting good players will be coming to Villa? we are the shittest top flight team in the big leagues in Europe

Sadly your right mate ;-( i expect crap signings and even if we do come back at first attempt we will go straight back down 

1 minute ago, Ghostdog said:

None of the players have got clauses in their contracts that would cut their wages in the event of relegation, so I reckon we can look forward to seeing more of the same in the Championship next season.

How do you know this? I am sure I read somewhere there were clauses inserted in case of relegation. I am guessing Clark and Bakers have these as they recently signed. I would assume most of our new signings did as well considering we finished 17th last season. if they haven't and we cant sell these players we are in big financial trouble. 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How do you know this? I am sure I read somewhere there were clauses inserted in case of relegation. I am guessing Clark and Bakers have these as they recently signed. I would assume most of our new signings did as well considering we finished 17th last season. if they haven't and we cant sell these players we are in big financial trouble. 

Funnily enough, one of the two players you mentioned there told me.

4 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

@Marka Ragnos @New_Jersey_Villa Maybe this would be a good opportunity to set up a Fan Club? There must be more of you guys in the north east US? You could make an event of watching games together.

I'm off to New York in May so maybe i'll ask around Manhattan for you ;)

PM sent!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Did Brazil mention how none of his was Timmy's fault? I likes that line.

Bugs the hell out of me when those pundits so clearly have an agenda based on who they're mates with. I think it was Chris Sutton on R5 Live on Monday night who repeatedly went on about Pearson not getting the Villa job. To an extent he had a point, but that fact that he said it so many times and how animated he got that Lerner said Pearson was 'toxic' it was clear that he was just angry that one of his mates had been overlooked.

Several things really,

1.  Whilst my head says we should be preparing for the championship, my heart screams "NOOO"  we must fight with every last breath in our body and do everything possible until it is mathematically impossible to avoid relegation.  

2.  I would LOVE IT, just Love it (as Keegan would say) if we could perform the miracle and ram it down everybody's throats.

3. Sadly however, I think we will be down by March and therefore I will just want the season to end so that we can begin afresh

4.  I don't think we will only be in the Championship for just one season - unless we go down again!

5.  Whilst people say Remi is obviously a big part of our future plans, so was Tim Sherwood - look at all the "Say it Like Sherwood " stuff - none of that stopped the Board sacking him

6.  Nothing will change I don't think until Lerner finally goes.  

7.  I'm absolutely devastated :(

What I would love, would be if we went down and ended up smashing every team 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, with Adama, Ayew, Gestede, Grealish and Gil finishing the season with about 25 goals each, and Guzan even getting a couple. That'd be great. That would make me feel like the year in the Championship was strangely better than staying up, as it just gave our young badasses a chance to fine-tune their skills, ready to romp up to 15th in our first year back in the Prem.

:)

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

What I would love, would be if we went down and ended up smashing every team 3-0, 4-0, 5-0, with Adama, Ayew, Gestede, Grealish and Gil finishing the season with about 25 goals each, and Guzan even getting a couple. That'd be great. That would make me feel like the year in the Championship was strangely better than staying up, as it just gave our young badasses a chance to fine-tune their skills, ready to romp up to 15th in our first year back in the Prem.

:)

hopefully Guzan is played up front rather than in goal though ;)

• Like 1

According to L’Équipe, Newcastle have made an offer for Alexandre Lacazette worth over €25 million. Meanwhile we are just being linked with players on loan. We need to start making things happen. We might be down, but might as well give it a go. 

Edit: apparently Bouremouth also enquired about El Shaarawy

Edited by Czechlad

According to L’Équipe, Newcastle have made an offer for Alexandre Lacazette worth over €25 million. Meanwhile we are just being linked with players on loan. We need to start making things happen. We might be down, but might as well give it a go. 

Edit: apparently Bouremouth also enquired about El Shaarawy

You want us to spend £18m on a striker when we are about to go down?

Why would a player like that want to come here?

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You want us to spend £18m on a striker when we are about to go down?

Why would a player like that want to come here?

Newcastle and Bournemouth are both right likely to go down or have a good chance of it but they are at least attempting to make signings to stay up. We may have practically no points, but I hate the mentality to just give up and hope the players we have no will be okay for the championship. 

Nobody worthwhile wants to come this joke of a club.

Even when somebody decent does come it's because they've mistakenly thought we were in London. So pathetic it's unreal.

Seriously tho, how many players recently can we say love/are desperate to play for villa.

Â