Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 minute ago, supernova26 said:

9 or 10 wins from 18 matches isn't walking on water stuff. Doable. Miraculous turnaround required, but most certainly doable. 

You've seen these players attempt to play football, right? We'll be lucky to get 9 or 10 points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

They can't seriously do a lap of honour at the end of the season. Would be the biggest piss take ever!

They'd **** better do a lap (they usually call it a lap of appreciation, rather than honour). The least they can do after their performances this season is listen to what people really think of them when they're not showing support during a match.

Probably shouldn't take their kids out, though. "Dad, why's that man waving at you with his hand backwards, and his fingers bent over?"

Edited by Davkaus

5 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

9 or 10 wins from 18 matches isn't walking on water stuff. Doable. Miraculous turnaround required, but most certainly doable. 

I'd rather play mid table teams at home than our rivals away. 

I admire your heavy drinking. I am sorry to remind you that we have won 8 matches in the last 55 league matches .That is less than a 15% win rate. Now how are we going to triple this win percentage with our current squad?

It is over. The end. Finito. This is a ex Premier League club.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MONCABA said:

The thing is, as one of the ever present teams since the premiership started, with the money Sky have pumped in, we should never have found ourselves in the last 5 years shit.

It seems impossible, doesn't it? It takes years of unbelievably poor decisions, from the top down.

Cleveland Browns fans tried to warn us.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Arj Guy said:

it is not doable for a team that has one win all season. That is top 6 form minimum and if you think this club is capable of acheiving that then you are seriously deluded.

Totally agree here!  I am ever the optimist but we are fighting to get draws let alone wins. Sunderland (excluding Defoe) are appalling and even at 1-1 we never really looked like causing them further problems. From Monday, we need a plan and that plan should be a transfer philosophy that will enable us to get out of the Chamionship. 

• Like 1

Why would the players go to acknowledge fans who have been giving them shit all day, just to get more abuse? I don't get it myself, sanctimonious rubbish. 

I wouldn't need the players coming over to me clapping after losing like that, in fact it would just piss me off. 

Relegation was inevitable with the management of this club in the last few years. I as had most accepted it was coming, the most frustrating for me is the manner we are going down. No fight, no heart at least go out fighting for you lives.  

The quality of the players is even more shocking than expected, had the spine torn out with Vlaar, Delph, Cleverley and Benteke going. 

Just as frustrating its become a season of everyone beating everyone. Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich are picking up points just by giving a shit. 

Leicester, Crystal Palace and Stoke have shown some ambition and look where that has got them. 

Its no surprise the 3 worst managed club, with the least money spent, ambition shown and ageing players are the bottom 3 and I expect Newcastle and Sunderland to come down with us. 

Mentality shift needed at the club for it all to change, which I believe we tried with the new structure, however with the top man not caring that creates an overall ethos of the club no matter what is below.

Edited by Nicho

3 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

I didn't go today but even on the Sunderland forum they're saying it was a disgrace

yeah tbf to sunderland fans on their forum they have been praising our fans today for our turn out and the noise we made. they normally have no respect for villa fans but they seem to feel a bit of sympathy as they  know what it feels like to be run like a circus. i do think they will go down as well though, mad to think 3 of the biggest supported clubs in the prem could go down, us sunderland and newcastle.

5 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Why would the players go to acknowledge fans who have been giving them shit all day, just to get more abuse? I don't get it myself, sanctimonious rubbish. 

I wouldn't need the players coming over to me clapping after losing like that, in fact it would just piss me off. 

vlaar was the only one at millwall away and he got told to **** off :) 

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

yeah tbf to sunderland fans on their forum they have been praising our fans today for our turn out and the noise we made. they normally have no respect for villa fans but they seem to feel a bit of sympathy as they  know what it feels like to be run like a circus. i do think they will go down as well though, mad to think 3 of the biggest supported clubs in the prem could go down, us sunderland and newcastle.

Yup, and the guy who  started the lets all laugh at Villa thread got shot down. They seem a relatively decent sort unlike their neighbours. 

just looking at the teams promoted from the championship in the last few years. More seem to be coming up and staying up than I remember. 

Southampton only came up 3 years ago. Leicester and Crystal Palace similar stories.

if we go down and actually use the time to properly sort ourselves out, I'd rather that than another 3 years of 17th place finishes.

every cloud...

• Like 1

I'm willing to guarantee that if Lerner is still here next year we will not be promoted.

The club is damaged and the only constant has been Randy Lerner. We've had all sorts of different managers, revamped the squad a few times, changed CEO's, changed board members, changed recruiting policies and changed coaches. There is nothing at all to suggest that we will get it right in the Championship. We are sadly much more likely to be another Leeds or Nottingham Forest than Newcastle or West Ham when we go down.

• Like 2

Â