Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

This was very likely our last big chance to clutch at straws for the season. Honestly, with the supposed financial state that we are in I can only hope the board goes for strong Championship players in January and Summer windows. I can deal with a season down as long as we get straight back up. Taking punts on overpriced players in January when we are 99% likely to go down anyways would put is with the likes of Leeds and Portsmouth. :unsure:

23 minutes ago, useless said:

There's no way we should just give up and accept relegation whilst it's still possible to stay up.

It isn't possible. Leicester had 5 more points than us last season and even that was rather miraculous.

If you accept it, it feels so much better. Join the dark side.

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It isn't possible. Leicester had 5 more points than us last season and even that was rather miraculous.

If you accept it, it feels so much better. Join the dark side.

It is possible though, I'm not saying that we'll do it I'm afraid, but it's possible. Leicester were ten points adrift a lot further into the season than we are now.

Just now, useless said:

It is possible though, I'm not saying that we'll do it I'm afraid, but it's possible. Leicester were ten points adrift a lot further into the season than we are now.

And we will be a lot further than ten points adrift by the time we get to the point when Leicester were 10 points adrift. We really are a poor excuse for a football team right now

5 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Well today should mark a change in attitude in the club. I'm a blind optimist, but after today I give us no chance of staying up.

Time to start the rebuild.

Pretty much. If anything we should start introducing our more talented U21 players, give them first team experience that will bode well for next season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Well at least the crap teams around us aren't winning either so there is still a chance that we can catch Newcastle, Sunderland and Swansea.

No chance . We will be bottom and by some distance

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Pretty much. If anything we should start introducing our more talented U21 players, give them first team experience that will bode well for next season.

I'd be worried about the effect being sent out to get smashed every week would have on them, tbh, not all experience is good experience.

I'm devastated at the state we are in, and I desperately want us to stay up, but I'm intrigued by a season in the championship. If we are mid table or lower this time next year I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune.

Edited by Frobisher

38 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yeah its about as possible as Corbyn being the next prime minister. In theory it's possible....

It's either possible or it's not possible. Whether it's probable or not is a whole different plot.

We would need to invest in 3-4 quality starters that would cost atleast 40-50m and hope they instantly gelled to even have a slim hope of survivial.

Personally i think Randy knows were down by now and will let Garde but 1-2 players for next season in the championship.

That was the game where I lost final hope. Let's just hope for some home wins this season and bringing some belief back to the club to help next year's promotion push. Hopefully Garde or whoever else is in charge sees we have to get rid of a lot of these players- how we have ended up with a team with hutton, clark and richardson starting is beyond me. Even if we can't recoup any money on them and have to play youth players as their replacements- lets just do it.

Edited by maxjackle

Â