• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Referee's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Christ alive. This thread is an absolute cesspit. Look at yourselves!

That was hopelessly predictable and Sherwood made some stupid decisions. If hope any of the people saying "Sherwood out" though never turn up to Villa Park ever again. Just don't come.

Everything associated with this club seems to be negative but do you know the most negative aspect of all? The fans. At 1-2 it was so f**king predictable we were going to lose largely due to tactical decisions, but Villa fans went completely silent and this thread was in meltdown already.

We have a losing mentality at this club and until it changes, we will never improve. I cannot fathom the amount of negativity I have seen on here despite us being in the lead. It rubs off on the players, they know that as soon as they are under it a bit, they're getting f**k all support from the fans.

We've had five managers since O'Neill. All failed. What is the constant? Negative fans and a board with no experience in football. Recipe for disaster. 

Thats bollox mate.

Today we lost the game because at 2-0 we took off the right man (Gil was knackered), and brought on the wrong man - Ayew.

It should have been Clark, Veretout or Richardson and we should have suffocated the midfield and stopped the supply to Mahrez.

Did I say anything different? The in game aspect of the fans is tiny, but the reaction is ridiculous.

That was hopelessly predictable and Sherwood made some stupid decisions. If hope any of the people saying "Sherwood out" though never turn up to Villa Park ever again. Just don't come.

Everything associated with this club seems to be negative but do you know the most negative aspect of all? The fans. At 1-2 it was so f**king predictable we were going to lose largely due to tactical decisions, but Villa fans went completely silent and this thread was in meltdown already.

We have a losing mentality at this club and until it changes, we will never improve. I cannot fathom the amount of negativity I have seen on here despite us being in the lead. It rubs off on the players, they know that as soon as they are under it a bit, they're getting f**k all support from the fans.

We've had five managers since O'Neill. All failed. What is the constant? Negative fans and a board with no experience in football. Recipe for disaster. 

Villa fans out!

Clueless negative reactionary attitude out

The notion that we lost that game because of the fans is absurd. It might - just might - have made some sense if we were at home, but what were you expecting, 3000 of us to be louder than 30000 of them?

**** off. Absolutely outrageous comment, the fans were brilliant today and we were let down by a gutless and incompetent display by the players and more importantly the manager. You should be **** ashamed 

• Like 2

The main problems besides the substitutions is that most of these players are just so **** mentally weak.

Mentally and phyiscally, I think. Fitness is an issue. We have a few players who don't seem to be able to play out the full 90 minutes. Fitness is fixable. The losing mentality... I don't know.

Thats bollox mate.

Today we lost the game because at 2-0 we took off the right man (Gil was knackered), and brought on the wrong man - Ayew.

It should have been Clark, Veretout or Richardson and we should have suffocated the midfield and stopped the supply to Mahrez.

Did I say anything different? The in game aspect of the fans is tiny, but the reaction is ridiculous.

The players won't be reading this so the reaction of the fans has no influence on the game whatsoever!!  Anyway, back on topic, we were so shit in that second half.....

You're all completely missing the main point. If you want to bath in negativity go for it. Don't complain about it when Sherwood's sacked in Jan and we stay up by the skin of our teeth.

Then by all means please impart some of this magical positivity that will make Aston Villa a force to be reckoned with once again

Thats bollox mate.

The players won't be reading this so the reaction of the fans has no influence on the game whatsoever!!  Anyway, back on topic, we were so shit in that second half.....

Ah yeah cos they'll be completely unaffected by the crowd grumbling at misplaced passes after half an hour next time we go 0-1 down at home. It's a mentality thing. Compare it to Dortmund/Palace/whoever

Why am I surprised? This sort of thing has happened countless times in my time supporting Villa. However, this was a new low. Only Villa could turn such a positive first half and a 2-0 lead through two such wonderful goals and into such a pathetic, gutless loss. Supporting this team is like being relentlessly kicked in the balls. Sometimes, they just like to build you up higher, and get you more excited so that it hurts a bit more. 

If there is a positive, its that the first half the link up play between Gil and Grealish was fantastic. We finally have some proper footballers, and at times they looked a different class to everything else on the pitch, exemplified by their goals. But both tired in the second half.

If we can get these 2 playing with Traore, we will certainly score plenty of goals from midfield. Which is useful, because I don't see out strikers scoring many. 

• Like 1