• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Referee's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Good first half, but my God we looked completely off the pace in the second half and just didn't respond.  We were just out hustled and gutless at times.   

Ayew looked completely off the pace and slow in possession. His tracking back was disgraceful - jogging and letting his player go....  

Feel totally totally totally gutted about this one, what a kick in the f**king stomach that was.  All on bloody Sky as well....

I genuinely can't recall a manager, in any game, making worse changes than that. Midfield had no energy left because Sherwood left the pair of them exposed. Players need to show some balls though. Pathetic all round. Gil 8, Grealish 5, everyone else 0

Christ alive. This thread is an absolute cesspit. Look at yourselves!

That was hopelessly predictable and Sherwood made some stupid decisions. If hope any of the people saying "Sherwood out" though never turn up to Villa Park ever again. Just don't come.

Everything associated with this club seems to be negative but do you know the most negative aspect of all? The fans. At 1-2 it was so f**king predictable we were going to lose largely due to tactical decisions, but Villa fans went completely silent and this thread was in meltdown already.

We have a losing mentality at this club and until it changes, we will never improve. I cannot fathom the amount of negativity I have seen on here despite us being in the lead. It rubs off on the players, they know that as soon as they are under it a bit, they're getting f**k all support from the fans.

We've had five managers since O'Neill. All failed. What is the constant? Negative fans and a board with no experience in football. Recipe for disaster. 

• Like 1

That was hopelessly predictable and Sherwood made some stupid decisions. If hope any of the people saying "Sherwood out" though never turn up to Villa Park ever again. Just don't come.

Everything associated with this club seems to be negative but do you know the most negative aspect of all? The fans. At 1-2 it was so f**king predictable we were going to lose largely due to tactical decisions, but Villa fans went completely silent and this thread was in meltdown already.

We have a losing mentality at this club and until it changes, we will never improve. I cannot fathom the amount of negativity I have seen on here despite us being in the lead. It rubs off on the players, they know that as soon as they are under it a bit, they're getting f**k all support from the fans.

We've had five managers since O'Neill. All failed. What is the constant? Negative fans and a board with no experience in football. Recipe for disaster. 

Villa fans out!

The manager picked the right team, set them up brilliantly, got exactly what he deserved with two great goals, then completely and utterly ruined it with substitutions that are simple ridiculous. He's brilliant. He's an idiot. He's cost us the game.

Good post. This game was a lot like the QPR home game last season. Perfectly set up and in complete control of the game but Tim has no answer  (or, in this game, the wrong answer) when the opposition inevitably make changes. I'm encouraged by how good we can be at out best but I'm very worried about our complete inability to win. Tim needs to learn quickly. 

Edited by Michelsen

Thats bollox mate.

Today we lost the game because at 2-0 we took off the right man (Gil was knackered), and brought on the wrong man - Ayew.

It should have been Clark, Veretout or Richardson and we should have suffocated the midfield and stopped the supply to Mahrez.

• Like 3

Sherwood is still inexperienced as a manger. I hope he will learn a lot from that turnaround.

We need to learn how to slow down games and keep possession when the opposition is rampant like that. It doesn't help dropping all outfield players deep and giving the ball away as soon as we have it. It just invites more pressure leading to every one 'knowing' the goals will come and panicking.

Dead right.  Kept screaming just get hold of it and get some shape back but they just caved under the pressure.....I am sure they all tried but it just looked so gutless to me.

• Like 1

Thats bollox mate.

Today we lost the game because at 2-0 we took off the right man (Gil was knackered), and brought on the wrong man - Ayew.

It should have been Clark, Veretout or Richardson and we should have suffocated the midfield and stopped the supply to Mahrez.

• Like 3

Either he's a great coach, or he's hired some great coaches, because the patterns we were playing in the first half looked great. What he is, though, is a shit manager during the actual game. Hopeless. I predicted exactly that we would lose to a goal in the last ten minutes, you can see it in the predictions thread (not that I had to be **** Nostradamus)

Guzan, Sanchez, Agbonlahor and Ayew are some of the worst footballers I've ever seen.

Sherwood SERIOUSLY messed that up today. Gil off for Ayew is one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Gestede was crap.

They're all crap. It was awful.

Villa fans out!

Clueless negative reactionary attitude out

Villa fans out!

Clueless negative reactionary attitude out

What's clueless?

Thats bollox mate.

Agree, can only assume that sherwood was thinking we'd play on the counter, speed the game up, played right in to Leicesters hands, we should have done the opposite, brought a midfielder on, tried to put a foot on the ball and slowed the game down

No way we're going down this season, but losses like this hurts, like everywhere. Why the fuxetifux did we stop playing football in the second half? Tim's moronic substitutes aside.

Midways in the second half I sat there wishing for Mica to take a trip around field, smacking up all out players, one by one.

Jordan Ayew is probably going to come good for us, but that's next season earliest.

Gabby out.

I want the same team as first half next match, but Sinclair in front instead of Gabby and Adama in Sinclair's place.

Really want to hate Leicester's guts right now, but got to hand it to them; they ran at us, wanted the ball, we crumbled and they did deserve to win.

Sigh.

It almost feels like Sherwood has decided the substitutions before the game. Hmm..Ayew deserves a chance today, and Gil needs to be taken off because he's been out. Maybe Gestede and Hutton in the end. Yeah, I'll go with that today.

This is pretty spot on. It did feel like that.