• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Referee's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Christ alive. This thread is an absolute cesspit. Look at yourselves!

That was hopelessly predictable and Sherwood made some stupid decisions. If hope any of the people saying "Sherwood out" though never turn up to Villa Park ever again. Just don't come.

Everything associated with this club seems to be negative but do you know the most negative aspect of all? The fans. At 1-2 it was so f**king predictable we were going to lose largely due to tactical decisions, but Villa fans went completely silent and this thread was in meltdown already.

We have a losing mentality at this club and until it changes, we will never improve. I cannot fathom the amount of negativity I have seen on here despite us being in the lead. It rubs off on the players, they know that as soon as they are under it a bit, they're getting f**k all support from the fans.

We've had five managers since O'Neill. All failed. What is the constant? Negative fans and a board with no experience in football. Recipe for disaster. 

Thats bollox mate.

Today we lost the game because at 2-0 we took off the right man (Gil was knackered), and brought on the wrong man - Ayew.

It should have been Clark, Veretout or Richardson and we should have suffocated the midfield and stopped the supply to Mahrez.

Did I say anything different? The in game aspect of the fans is tiny, but the reaction is ridiculous.

The players won't be reading this so the reaction of the fans has no influence on the game whatsoever!!  Anyway, back on topic, we were so shit in that second half.....

Ah yeah cos they'll be completely unaffected by the crowd grumbling at misplaced passes after half an hour next time we go 0-1 down at home. It's a mentality thing. Compare it to Dortmund/Palace/whoever

Did that happen against Sunderland, Notts County or even Arsenal in the final?  Didn't Tim say the other day how the crowd was great after we went behind or am I imagining it?  Look, I agree that the fans at VP (especially in the sides) could do more to support and back the team vocally and we should, but I really don't think the players in this team have received much negativity from fans - quite the opposite. By next Saturday people will be more reflective and will completely back the team again - everyone is naturally pissed off atm and I don't think hurts anyone to vent a bit. 

Notts County I wasn't there but it was a cup match that no-one really cares about. Sunderland we were playing well! Sometimes supporting the side when their down though helps create that too. Definitely happened against Arsenal. Half-time was a morgue. FA Cup final, 1-0 down, everyone crying. Someone punched me because he was saying Grealish was absolutely useless and I said he was a teenager and is playing against World Cup winners.

That's just crap.  A match that no-one really cares about, really?  I was there when we went 1-0 down at Sunderland and the support was good and positive.  In the FA cup final I went to the fans were amazing and very vocal even when all was lost.  I am sorry someone punched you!

That was hopelessly predictable and Sherwood made some stupid decisions. If hope any of the people saying "Sherwood out" though never turn up to Villa Park ever again. Just don't come.

Everything associated with this club seems to be negative but do you know the most negative aspect of all? The fans. At 1-2 it was so f**king predictable we were going to lose largely due to tactical decisions, but Villa fans went completely silent and this thread was in meltdown already.

We have a losing mentality at this club and until it changes, we will never improve. I cannot fathom the amount of negativity I have seen on here despite us being in the lead. It rubs off on the players, they know that as soon as they are under it a bit, they're getting f**k all support from the fans.

We've had five managers since O'Neill. All failed. What is the constant? Negative fans and a board with no experience in football. Recipe for disaster. 

Thats bollox mate.

Today we lost the game because at 2-0 we took off the right man (Gil was knackered), and brought on the wrong man - Ayew.

It should have been Clark, Veretout or Richardson and we should have suffocated the midfield and stopped the supply to Mahrez.

Did I say anything different? The in game aspect of the fans is tiny, but the reaction is ridiculous.

The players won't be reading this so the reaction of the fans has no influence on the game whatsoever!!  Anyway, back on topic, we were so shit in that second half.....

Ah yeah cos they'll be completely unaffected by the crowd grumbling at misplaced passes after half an hour next time we go 0-1 down at home. It's a mentality thing. Compare it to Dortmund/Palace/whoever

Did that happen against Sunderland, Notts County or even Arsenal in the final?  Didn't Tim say the other day how the crowd was great after we went behind or am I imagining it?  Look, I agree that the fans at VP (especially in the sides) could do more to support and back the team vocally and we should, but I really don't think the players in this team have received much negativity from fans - quite the opposite. By next Saturday people will be more reflective and will completely back the team again - everyone is naturally pissed off atm and I don't think hurts anyone to vent a bit. 

Notts County I wasn't there but it was a cup match that no-one really cares about. Sunderland we were playing well! Sometimes supporting the side when their down though helps create that too. Definitely happened against Arsenal. Half-time was a morgue. FA Cup final, 1-0 down, everyone crying. Someone punched me because he was saying Grealish was absolutely useless and I said he was a teenager and is playing against World Cup winners.

That's just crap.  A match that no-one really cares about, really?  I was there when we went 1-0 down at Sunderland and the support was good and positive.  In the FA cup final I went to the fans were amazing and very vocal even when all was lost.  I am sorry someone punched you!

Mate Villa fans were awful against Arsenal as soon as we conceded. Amazing atmosphere before (at least as best as you can get in Wembley anyway). Maybe I'm biased because of the muppets I was surrounded by. People fighting with each other. All just very embarrassing. Obviously different sections/opinions so agree to disagree. Just want people to calm down. Especially given how big the next two games are.

Not seen the game but in Tim's interview I gather it was the usual moronic keep handing the ball to the opposition even though we are in the lead, rather than making them work hard to win it back, even if that means playing sideways and backwards. Haven't had players or a team that can adjust tactics during a match for years. Love Gabby but he has to be dropped.

"Not seen the game" - "love Gabby but he has to be dropped" -  that is quite something.

He did pretty well today - an assist for the second and we were 2-0 up when he went off. 

If there is a positive, its that the first half the link up play between Gil and Grealish was fantastic. We finally have some proper footballers, and at times they looked a different class to everything else on the pitch, exemplified by their goals. But both tired in the second half.

If we can get these 2 playing with Traore, we will certainly score plenty of goals from midfield. Which is useful, because I don't see out strikers scoring many. 

But you've got to have a balance.  A team with Gil, Grealish and Traore in midfield would probably get completely overrun.  

I'm not sure. Sinclair had one of his off games today. If you put Traore into the the team in place of him (or Gabby), I don't think we lose anything from the first half performance.

Second half - you guess is as good as mine.

Did you just blame the fans for that shambles? Really?  You said that it was so predictable we would lose at 2-1 and yet still you say the fans were the most negative aspect. Go and have a quiet word with yourself.

I would be reluctant to blame any individual player for the collapse, after c60 minutes but more inclined to blame them collectively for their poor performance in 50 50's ( headers & tackles)

Leicester showed more character and more will to win which was aided and abetted by us.

For me, we seem to be our own worst enemies.

Leicester, have been the form team of the division for some time now and have executed their high tempo game against some good sides and have come out on top.....They are a good team, if you let them be....Remember the famous Shankly words " you win the right to play football"  They just allowed us to play.

We could not have started any better and with 2 superbly executed goals on top of a total domination of possession I'm not sure what more confidence booster we could get.....Their High tempo in your face style was negated by us and they stood off.

I'm not sure what the turn around was....Dyer coming on for Inler, Gil going off for Ayew  or a poor attempt of a wing pass from Sinclair when he was through....its anyones call.

What I did notice was they started winning all the scraps, we were getting more tired and could not avoid the physical endeavours like we did in the first half.....Thats when Mahrez and Dyer came in to their own....Sclupp was becoming more dominant and the bits and pieces were being fed in their direction..... as we gradually lost the midfield their 2 were now outshining our 2 Grealish and Gil ( who was now off) and Grealish just ran out of steam.

I'm not sure what happens next

I do think we have a big problem with the defensive side of our game.....and I'm not necessarily talking about the defenders.....I think we have big defensive problems up front and in midfield i.e winning 50 50's, keeping the ball under pressure, winning headers all the  stuff that involves close bodily contact.

In summary I thought we were being outfought just before their fight back, their confidence grew ours drained and then they imposed THEIR game on us..... we have to show that we are more than a 60 minute team and that the game is for 90 odd minutes.

I don't know how you fix this, but I think we could do with a mean and nasty individual in midfield who allows a platform for our expansive lads.

......but hey that was so poor mainly due to its predictability after their first goal.

villa is like the football version of the hangover film!! 

guzan AGAIN messes up for goal number 3

theirs to many players who must  have the wrong mentality for winning a game, we all know who they are but my worry is can the manager make them better?

lets spin the table for a min... if leicester were two nil up ..would villa produce a come back? 

Classic Villa. Capitulate F.C. The Ayew substitute was very strange. From day one he has struggled with the pace of the English game and looks like he needs time. So why throw him in at such a pivotal and high paced point in the game? If he knew Gil would have to be subbed due to fatigue/injury I can't help but think Joe Cole (not in the squad) would have been an ideal replacement with his experience on the ball to kill the game off a little. As previously mentioned Tim had it right to start and for a period we looked comfortable so to capitulate like that is scandalous. Hopefully lesson learnt. As hard as it might be lets try and get behind Tim and the team for the next few games because they will need it. 

As a little footnote because I hate to add to the concern. I thought we'd moved on from this old chestnut.

[Tim Sherwood] On the upcoming games…

"We have to go again. We have two big derbies coming up and we will make sure we are right for them."

Edited by ReasonforRevolution
  • Like 1

villa is like the football version of the hangover film!! 

guzan AGAIN messes up for goal number 3

theirs to many players who must  have the wrong mentality for winning a game, we all know who they are but my worry is can the manager make them better?

lets spin the table for a min... if leicester were two nil up ..would villa produce a come back? 

No because our players don't have spirit or fight. Also their manager isn't tactically inept 

I hope Tim brings in Illori for Bacuna as I don't think either he or Hutton are good enough.

Having Gana and Traore back will be vital. I wish we could drop Guzan, but nothing suggests Bunn is that much better.

I think the next few games will probably just confirm us as relegation fodder again

just got back and im totally pissed off, ive never known a side look so uneasy at being 2 nil up and we do it all the time. thought leicester were the stronger team and had more energy, we didnt play too bad but once their goal went in that was it. all in all a terrible result.