• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Referee's Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

The manager picked the right team, set them up brilliantly, got exactly what he deserved with two great goals, then completely and utterly ruined it with substitutions that are simple ridiculous. He's brilliant. He's an idiot. He's cost us the game.

I don't understand how he can get it so right and then so wrong.

The same people blaming the substitutions are the same saying we have 'good squad depth' now and we have 'options'.

buying a load of shit players for 6-10m doesn't mean we have depth. 

It it just means we're still shit.

Ayew. lol.

We have got depth, we have got options - here are the options we had on the bench - Clark, Veretout, Richardson - if he brings any two of those on for Gil and Gabby, we win that game.

• Like 3

Sanchez has bossed every other game, but was utterly slow and dire for the entire of this game.

Bacuna was terrible.

Gil should have stayed on or been replaced by Vertout. Sherwood even had a second chance to make that sub and brought on Gestede.

Leicester had more steel more energy and more determination but they shouldn't have been given the chance to win this game.

All my optimism has now gone, not sure what point there is in bothering anymore, no matter who we play or how we play it's the same stupid mistakes that cost us.

Embarrassing, for 65 minutes we looked alright.

But lescotts stroll to lose the ball before what should have been a pen was what started the absolute collapse imo.

Again we were all over the place for the second , Lescott went to intercept the cross and ended up in no man's land.

There are no words for their third, awful all round.

We are so weak up front. Gabby isn't good enough, ayew and gestede don't appear to be prem players, only time will tell.

Amavi forgot how to play football by the end.

Sherwood was baffling, why we took off gil for ayew at 2-0 I don't know, we didn't need goals we needed to keep ball. Any then gestede for gabby was a waste of

a sub.

We were so unbelievebly bad the last 20 mins I just don't know what to think.

Edit- forgot just how much absolute dog Sanchez was for the last 30, so weak and sloppy play. I really don't rate him, give veretout a chance to get to speed.

• Like 1

Could Sanchez start indicating to the bench when he starts to feel like his game has completely gone to shit? He looked like a player who was in favour of us having the ball in the first half, but as the second half started you could tell his enthusiasm for Aston Villa possession had seriously waned. At that point maybe he could give the bench a sign and we bring on someone else? 

Hindsight is 20/20, but so is foresight when you're bringing on a striker/winger who looks like he was plucked from non-league football to defend a 2-0 lead against a team who were all over us. Yeah Sherwood obviously doesn't like Gil because he gives the ball away, but he also creates and runs the ball from midfield. And Sanchez gives the ball away more. In far worse positions. 

I'm absolutely sickened and I think Sherwood needs to take a lot of the blame for that.

Sherwood cost us

Wtf is Wilkins saying? Suppose to help him

Takin off Gil right after he scored was stupid

Gil was buzzing. 

Ayew and Gestede?  Donkeys. Where's Kozak?  He's better than this lot 

• Like 2

Timmy tactics special, the whole of lerners reign has been like one bad **** echo

Playing midfielders at full back and getting exposed every week

Managers that don't know how to respond to the opposition changing their shape

Awful substitutions

Bottle job players

It's beyond a joke, Guzan and bacuna absolute fannies, Sinclair and gabby look unfit and slow which considering they've had 2 weeks without a game is bullshit, set pieces were shocking

Sherwood had an absolute shocker - we just needed a couple of changes to shore up a midfield that was getting completely overrun, and getting no help from Grealish, Sinclair and Ayew. Richardson, Veretout even Clark would have been a massive help.

But no - we just sit like lemons and let Leicester take the game away from us. The players deserve scrutiny for being so completely chicken headed in the second half - Sanchez and Westwood and particularly lost it completely. But they were getting shellacked by Leicester and desperately needed a third midfielder in there. I mean, this is not feckin hard.

Complete balls from the manager.

The manager picked the right team, set them up brilliantly, got exactly what he deserved with two great goals, then completely and utterly ruined it with substitutions that are simple ridiculous. He's brilliant. He's an idiot. He's cost us the game.

I don't understand how he can get it so right and then so wrong.

The worry is that Sherwood probably can't understand it either.

Midfield disappeared in the second half. We were being dominated before the second goal. Felt the changes were the wrong ones.

Mahrez was quality. But we didn't do ANYTHING to stop him getting the ball.

They looked so much fitter than we were. All in all, a diabolical second half. What a waste of two quality goals.