Your Thoughts On Summer 2015 Transfer Window

Pilchard

Like I've said elsewhere, the assumption that, had we not sold Benteke, we'd have got no money from Lerner isn't a correct one, imo.

That may or may not be correct but really what is the point of speculating about it?

The reality is that we did sell Benteke, and Delph; Sherwood was given that money to spend and he has on the whole spent it well. Who knows what would have happened if we hadn't sold Benteke? I can't personally envisage any circumstances in which Benteke would not have left this summer.

Edited by briny_ear

Like I've said elsewhere, the assumption that, had we not sold Benteke, we'd have got no money from Lerner isn't a correct one, imo.

It's impossible to prove either way, so it's just a redundant point at the end of the day. 

I think the important thing here is just to look to the future with what we have now and I think we're sitting in a better position than we were a few months ago. 

• 5 weeks later...

Just read this. It's obviously a pro-Sherwood piece of speculative pseudo-journalism, but it also made me suspect that:

a) We're more fugged than I thought we were.

b) That our transfers last summer sucked on all fronts, with one or two possible exception. Sherwood failed. Reilly failed. Failed. Failed. Failed.

Alan Brazil supports Tim Sherwood, questions Aston VIlla’s recruitment policy

Absolute horseshit article.

The players aren't to blame for his tactical nous (or lack of) and ridiculous subs.

That shouldn't make you think anything other than Sherwood is a word removed for leaking to the press.

This moneyball crap is just that crap. Amavi for example is a very good player saying we only bought him and others only for resale value is stupid. You buy all sorts of players to make up a squad some will have more potential than others some will be the finished article others not so much. Ultimately our squad is better overall than last year. The only thing we are lacking is a proven PL goal scorer and if what we read is right both Ayew and Gestede were Sherwoods picks. So far Gestede looks like he'll get a few goals but apart from that brings little else to the team and for me we need more than that as we aren't good enough to carry a player and would prefer someone who gets involved more which is why it's puzzling Ayew hasn't been given more chances up front. Yet again our squad is underperforming down to the manager. 

What a load of sh1te.

In terms of the players

Gana has generally been very good and hit the ground running, Veretout seems to be settling, and Ayew - the jury's out on but could come good.

Idiotic managerial decisions are the problem

I don't think it's that simple. It never was, either, not even with Lambert. 

I think it's been a fantastic window despite the loss of Benteke.  LB had been a problem for years, but Amavi is just pure class.  Midfield looks strong even without Delph. If I'm honest I would have liked another striker, however Sinclair has started brightly, while Gestede and Ayew will only improve.

I'll have what he's having. 

What a load of sh1te.

In terms of the players

Gana has generally been very good and hit the ground running, Veretout seems to be settling, and Ayew - the jury's out on but could come good.

Idiotic managerial decisions are the problem

I don't think it's that simple. It never was, either, not even with Lambert. 

Nope it definitely is.

I think it's been a fantastic window despite the loss of Benteke.  LB had been a problem for years, but Amavi is just pure class.  Midfield looks strong even without Delph. If I'm honest I would have liked another striker, however Sinclair has started brightly, while Gestede and Ayew will only improve.

I'll have what he's having. 

Yeah, it's called hindsight.

Â