limpid

I know he's made a couple of mistakes, but I still like Amavi. Great pace, and that cross was lovely.

This is what we said before he signed. He is prone to taking risks defensively, the first evidence of that whilst playing for us was at the end of the Palace game, but that's a risk I'll happily take for all the other facets he brings to the game. He'll only improve upon his decision making in the future.

It's all part of development. If he improves his decision making he'll become one hell of a player. Great run and cross for the goal, plus he put in another very good ball about 10 mins earlier which Bacuna could have done better with.

Sunderland are appalling at both front and back.

Suicidal defending from Clark left them with two on one in the box, we were very lucky Richards saved us. Defoe was clear through after about 10 minutes as well, had their winger seen him.

Thank you, Lee Cattermole.

If we can't hammer these, we deserve to go down.

Just to highlight a positive for Gestede because he was getting bashed a lot this half:

If he doesn't take up his positioning at the far post for the second goal Sinclair has a much harder time trying to get that in.

Eradicated the problem we had when Gabby and Ayew both went for the near post recently.

I'd like to see Bacuna come off and bring on Gil to play at the top of a diamond in midfield,  we should be making this more comfortable than it has been.  Some sloppy play has let them get some dangerous breaks and I can see them getting another goal.

Better than I thought but is it because Sunderland are shite?

I'm also enjoying watching a game at VP....words I haven't used for a long time.

Sinclair is on fire, Bacuna? with a free roll in midfield??

We look like a team trying to find some confidence, so far so good.

I still think we need to score more as Sunderland simply cannot play any worse in the second half.

Apparently they've got a young American lad called Gooch on the bench that's supposed to be super quick, so hopefully we'll be out of sight before they make changes.

Big shout out to Hutton and Sanchez.

Still not sure what Bacuna's position is.

It appears to be a free role, he's not quite good enough to play it though, would like to see Gil on for him in the second half and Kozak on for Gestede after around 60

Sunderland are appalling at both front and back.

Suicidal defending from Clark left them with two on one in the box, we were very lucky Richards saved us. Defoe was clear through after about 10 minutes as well, had their winger seen him.

Thank you, Lee Cattermole.

If we can't hammer these, we deserve to go down.

swansea didn't hammer them

i thought we've dominated the entire half, their goal came against the run of play - the game is being played pretty much in their half. Again, our problems are entirely self inflicted, with idiotic play giving sunderland the odd chance on the break