Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

Fernando Torres. He was good but that was 7 or 8 years ago at Liverpool. But he's a player that I don't think would score many goals in the championship and when Simeone brings him on in  a champions league semi-final the opposition must be rubbing their hands with glee.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

He isnt rubbish in general but Karim Benzema has never been Real Madrid quality centre forward

He's very overrated. Obviously a quality centre forward but doesn't seem to deliver in the really big games. If he passes for one of the best strikers in the world then the quality of strikes in football must be at a bit of a low. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, PaulC said:

Fernando Torres. He was good but that was 7 or 8 years ago at Liverpool. But he's a player that I don't think would score many goals in the championship and when Simeone brings him on in  a champions league semi-final the opposition must be rubbing their hands with glee.

He's been terrible at Athletico, totally out of his depth.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

He's been terrible at Athletico, totally out of his depth.

Very unfair, he is 33 and has had many a bad injury and has been playing football non stop since he was 17. He has done well to last this long, and not join other former burnout wonderkids like Owen, Rooney and Kluivert.

He is never going to be the goalscorer again because a lot of his game was based on that raw acceleration over short distances, but I have watched him a bit the past 18 months and he still has a good touch, intelligence and can link up play really well. Still a useful addition IMO.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Everton forward Kevin Mirallas will sign a new long-term contract on Wednesday, says chairman Bill Kenwright.

The 29-year-old, whose existing deal runs out this summer, joined the Toffees in 2012 and has scored 39 goals in 171 appearances.

Kenwright made the announcement at the Toffees' end-of-season awards at the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Hall.

Mirallas has scored four times in 33 league appearances this season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39865817

I just think he is shit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Kieran Gibbs is probably the worst football I have seen in my life. Maybe.

Has a job for life at Arsenal if Wenger stays. Bit similar to Wes Brown being at Man. United for years even after he stopped being first choice. 

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said it before but if Joe Hart had a foreign name called Bravo or Mignolet he be tortured by the media. the man is a goalkeeping charlatan 

But the British media used to tell us how great he was, how he was up there with world class keepers, and how Pep was an idiot for getting rid of him.

Its the one thing Pep has got right.

At least the Torino president had the balls to tell it like it is. 

Edited by andym

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Joe Hart, said he was shite back in 2012, only gone on to prove me right since.

He was  good, particularly when at Birmingham. But he has got progressively worse over the years. Was awful at Torino wasn't he? Time to move on 

Just now, PaulC said:

He was  good, particularly when at Birmingham. But he has got progressively worse over the years. Was awful at Torino wasn't he? Time to move on 

He shouldn't have played for England again after his pathetic display last summer. He's an absolute clown.

His level has dropped a lot last 6 months and I'm a fan or at least give him a fair hearing.

Can only see him signing for a mid table prem club. Would be shocked if he's still number one for the world cup as at least Southgate is moving on some of the old guard now.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

He shouldn't have played for England again after his pathetic display last summer. He's an absolute clown.

Yes I agree. Green got treated far worse. Not had a top keeper since Gordon Banks in my view. Even Seamon and Shilton made mistakes at crucial times. 

Just now, VillaChris said:

His level has dropped a lot last 6 months and I'm a fan or at least give him a fair hearing.

Can only see him signing for a mid table prem club. Would be shocked if he's still number one for the world cup as at least Southgate is moving on some of the old guard now.

Try last 4 years

Â