Fallout 4

Frobisher

20 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Nearly 4 years on, and I have been saying a survivor save for the last few months.... Absolutely loving it.

Anyone else still playing this?

Yes, started back on it with a survivor save a few weeks. Never got round to finishing it before.

Seems pretty buggy on the Xbox which I don’t remember it being when originally played it. The eastern city area around Goodneighbour nearly had me give up as game froze every time I went that way.

4 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Yes, started back on it with a survivor save a few weeks. Never got round to finishing it before.

Seems pretty buggy on the Xbox which I don’t remember it being when originally played it. The eastern city area around Goodneighbour nearly had me give up as game froze every time I went that way.

Yeah it is heaps buggy but there are tips for getting around in the city without your game crashing so much. Did drive me crazy until I got the hang of it.

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah it is heaps buggy but there are tips for getting around in the city without your game crashing so much. Did drive me crazy until I got the hang of it.

Yeah, the one top that seems to have worked for me is dropping the companion. However, I’ve been trying to max out weapons recently and could do with the extra carry allowance for scavenging.

There anything else that helps beyond that?

Just now, tomsky_11 said:

Yeah, the one top that seems to have worked for me is dropping the companion. However, I’ve been trying to max out weapons recently and could do with the extra carry allowance for scavenging.

There anything else that helps beyond that?

There's a perk that lets you swim radiation free, get it and swim underwater wherever possible. Try not to carry too much (I find this hard), look down when walking and try using vats as little as possible. All of these things have reduced my crashes by about 80%, still get the odd one especially in the most built up parts of Boston. But I sleep whenever I see a bed, not sure if you knew this already but you can sleep for one hour and cancel it immediately and it still triggers an autosave. Which is handy when all you can find is sleeping bags.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, hogso said:

Next Gen update for console and PC by the end of the month

Can't wait for this. One of my all time favourite games.

Assuming there's a separate trophy list for the ps5 update I'll be going for my second Platinum on it.

• Like 1

lol game doesn’t load on ps5 at the moment because of an issue with dlc. Just crashes at the loading screen. Excellent timing with people wanting to go back due to the TV show

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

lol game doesn’t load on ps5 at the moment because of an issue with dlc. Just crashes at the loading screen. Excellent timing with people wanting to go back due to the TV show

See posts above ^^^^^

There's a native PS5 version coming out next week (free upgrade with all whistles and bells) so I'd hold off anyway (I can't wait to play through again).

Edited by Designer1

Everyone's game ratings?

For me

NV
4 (I know I know)

Didn't play 1 or 2

I put 4 above 3 despite 3 being one of my favourite games of all time as when I did a re-play of them last year, I wanted to replay 4 and didn't 3.

4 > NV > 76 > 3

Never played 1 and 2.

3 was decent but NV and 4 took the concept, polished it up and knocked it out the park. 76 was trash on release but I played it recently and it's actually really good now.

Posted (edited)

4>NV>3>76

76 being least, mainly as I don't really do MMOs.

3 had a major bug for me, in that the ending was sort of ruined as I found a way to do it without....

Spoiler

dying

...but as the story called for it, I did anyway. 

I equipped some configuration of stuff (it was a long while ago, so I don't remember what) which made me completely immune to radiation, and then did the last mission, and it....

Spoiler

killed

....me anyway. When the credits rolled, whatever emotion I was supposed to feel was overtaken by annoyance that while I'd found a way to beat the game it punished me anyway. For that reason, as much fun as I had with 3, I've never picked it up again. 

New Vegas was great, but 4 edges it on graphics, size etc. 

Edited by HKP90

My rankings;

1. Fallout: New Vegas
  2. Fallout 1
  3. Fallout 2
  4. Fallout Tactics
  5. Fallout 76
  6. Fallout 3
  7. Fallout 4

New Vegas is Fallout at its very best and it annoys me that Bethesda didn't greenlight a sequel. It doubly annoys me that Bethesda and Obsidian are now under the same company umbrella and they still haven't greenlit a sequel. 

In light of the TV show, I've picked up Fallout 4 again as I only played it through once a few years ago. NV and 3 I'd played to death. Is anyone else playing 4 currently and finding it buggy as hell? I'm playing on Series X, and whenever I'm in the built up congested areas it's a total lottery as to whether it'll lock-up when I go into VATS. Have to completely close and re-load.

I've read a few people are having the  issue when they install all the DLC, but I want to play that as I didn't first time around.

That update will probably break more than it fixes because Bethesda are gonna Bethesda, but some of the currently broken things might be fixed. We'll just have to hope the things that get broken in their place are less annoying. 

If those of you who haven't played 1 and 2 have the means to do via Steam or GoG or whatever, I'd definitely recommend going out of your way to do so. The 'classic collection' includes Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel too. NV and 3 in particular are great, but the first two just hit different. Great games. 

Â