Fallout 4

Frobisher

What's the odds on a HD remake of 3?

Given that, after scraping the site, there are a few mentions of Fallout 3: Special Edition in the code, I'd say guaranteed.

However, Fallout 4 IS being announced and it's out this year

I loved Fallout 3, gave me chills walking around.

Didn't like New Vegas so much, not sure why.

Hope this one is more eerie like FO3, but with better... not sure what the word i'm looking for... more polished & updated game engine i guess?

Was a new engine too much to ask for?

If they get that old one running well then it's fine.  I presume optimisations for multi threading and larger amounts of video RAM have been made.  If Bethesda can get performance to 1080/30 on consoles then I'd rather them spend their resources on gameplay. 

I do wonder if ID software had any input on this game though. 

I never got on with Fallout 3. I really, really wanted to, but it never grabbed me. I hated the VATS system, and the relentlessly grim look of it all, and suffered terribly from aimless wandering that all Bethesda's open world RPGs sometimes have.

A shame as, on paper, that game is exactly what I would go for.

Hopefully this one can win me round. Shame it's not a huge leap on the face off it graphically, despite obviously being more polished.

Edited by Chindie

I never got in with Fallout 3. I really, really wanted to, but it never grabbed me. I hated the VATS system, and the relentlessly grim look of it all, and suffered terribly from aimless wandering that all Bethesda's open world RPGs sometimes have.

A shame as, on paper, that game is exactly what I would go for.

Hopefully this one can win me round. Shame it's not a huge leap on the face off it graphically, despite obviously being more polished.

That's pretty much my take on Fallout 3 as well. I should have loved it but I didn't. Everything was "next gen" brown and the game presented no strong hook for me to give a shit about anything that was happening.

Fallout 4, at this stage, I have no strong feelings about either way. The splash of colour is welcome I suppose. I'm hoping the combat has been overhauled but that trailer tells us practically nothing beyond setting. An E3 gameplay demo is what I'm waiting really for.

Edited by Sie

Only ever played 5 hours of Fallout (3) but that trailer was awesome.

Need to blast through 3 and maybe NV before this comes out. When's the release date/year?

You can't really "blast" through the games.   I'd probably avoid playing Fallout 3, New Vegas or Skyrim (which is basically Fallout with trees) ahead of Fallout 4 just incase you get your fill of the genre five minutes before the game is out. 

As for when it gets released?  I'd imagine they announce Q3 2016.  

Â