Fallout 4

Frobisher

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

I've never played 3, so I'm really excited about the rumours of it being remastered.

I love 3 but I think a lot of the love was because it was so good at the time.

Replaying it, it's so grey.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

If it's being remastered you'd imagine it will have the look of Fallout 4 which looks stunning.

What was the story/gameplay like for 3?

Also, grey is probably an apt colour for a post-apocalyptic world 😁

Edited by villarule123

2 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

If it's being remastered you'd imagine it will have the look of Fallout 4 which looks stunning.

What was the story/gameplay like for 3?

Also, grey is probably an apt colour for a post-apocalyptic world 😁

Not to spoil anything, but the main storyline on release was ridiculed quite a lot :D 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not to spoil anything, but the main storyline on release was ridiculed quite a lot :D 

But but they changed it with the first DLC so I'm presuming that's what they'll do for the remaster too

18 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I look forward to roaming the wasteland with Fawkes, my Super Mutant Bodyguard with a Gatling Laser.

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Wonder what time the update will drop? Looking forward to starting a fresh playthrough with the PS5 upgrade.

Believe it's 5pm UK time.

• Like 1

The update likely won't go live until the Bethesda staff are in the office which will be in about an hour (9am EDT). That said, they'll likely plan for the update to go live when the digital stores refresh which is usually 12pm EDT/5pm BST. 

Bethesda make up their own rules though as every past update has gone live at a completely random time. So, the safe bet is 5pm BST, but Bethesda are a wild card. 

Bethesda have never released something that worked flawlessly on launch, so I wouldn't hold out much hope that even a patch for an 8 year old game to make it look nicer is going to be less than a shitshow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Bethesda have never released something that worked flawlessly on launch, so I wouldn't hold out much hope that even a patch for an 8 year old game to make it look nicer is going to be less than a shitshow.

It'll fix some things and break other things. The patch is worse on PC because it adds almost nothing, but will 100% break 90% of the mods. On console at least those players are getting 60FPS and 4K for their efforts even if half of the creation club mods break in return.

Downloaded the ps5 update, played about an hour and remembered why I'd not finished it the first time.  Not for me I'm afraid.

• Sad 1

Add me to the list of those who fired Fallout 4 back up on PS5. I remembered what I liked and didn't like about it

Liked

• Settlements 
  • Saving the people in the settlements being attacked 
  • Making them nice little houses
  • Building walls all the way around 
  • Tidying up all the scrap within the settlement boundaries 
  • Setting up trade routes between them 
  • Anything else to do with settlements

Didn't like

• Everything else
Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

Been on this most of the weekend and it's just confirmed what I've thought when I first played it all those years ago.

It's an absolute banger. Some games just hit all the right spots on a personal level and this is definitely one of them.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â