Fallout 4

Frobisher

On 12/12/2015 at 15:29, YLN said:

35. Felt a tiny bit under powered in the last mission. Took a lot of stimpaks.

Wow. Im level 55 and and have only just started doing Rail Road missions and have only recently gone to the glowing sea..

Stimpaks are a bit too common, i have nearly 300 in my inventory.

Edited by Rainer

On 12/19/2015 at 08:50, The_Rev said:

Does he complain for the entire eighteen minutes and thirty four seconds?   

It's not a deep RPG game in the same way 1 and 2 were. Saved you 18 mins :)

I could understand making such a video after fallout 3 but by now that ship has sailed, realised it's forgot its keys, come back, then sailed again.*

*  ©  Yahtzee

I dread to think what my hour count on this game is now. Is there a clock on the PS4 version of the game?  My guy is level 36 or 37 I think, playing high charisma/high luck and it's a ton of fun, passing every speech check and being able to intimidate enemies into just not fighting me.  Not really done much with any of the factions besides the Minutemen, I'm still happiest in Bethesda games when I'm just wandering around happening on stuff. 

10 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I dread to think what my hour count on this game is now. Is there a clock on the PS4 version of the game?  My guy is level 36 or 37 I think, playing high charisma/high luck and it's a ton of fun, passing every speech check and being able to intimidate enemies into just not fighting me.  Not really done much with any of the factions besides the Minutemen, I'm still happiest in Bethesda games when I'm just wandering around happening on stuff. 

Press "options" when selecting a save file for the clock. The clock always lies in Bethesda games too, missing out the dead ends and half hours lost here and there when you forget to save.

• Like 1

Finally managed to pick this up. Put about 8hrs into it and already bouncing off it hard. Really, really struggling to get anywhere with it, enjoy it, anything really. Same thing happened with 3 - I could play Oblivion and Skyrim all day, but the Fallout games just don't grab me at all :/

It gets better the higher level you are in my opinion. Once you start to truly personalise your character with perks and they get good, everything is less of a struggle. It can be repetitive however for me I struggled for a bit and everything was a chore,then I broke the back of it by investing in weapon modding, which is good fun and helps you create weapons far more powerful than the ones you find lay around.

I especially enjoy modding special weapons, I found an excellent combat shotgun that is absolutely deadly now I've changed it.

I didn't get to diamond city until level 20 odd and regret it. There are some interesting missions here, in the bars and with companions you stumble across in the main quest.

I love the franchise though, so was always going to invest a lot of time in it.

I haven't had to use power armor once yet and I think I am pretty much done with the story. I just use a melee weapon and practically one hit most enemies. I just collect the power armor at my base. I have a big museum set up for my peasants. 

I'm still all over the place with weapons.  I've got a fantastic melee weapon and a couple of extremely powerful guns but I've barely put any points into combat perks (I'm level 42) and I'm still finding it relatively easy.   The Critical Banker perk in Luck is absolutely fantastic by the way, it's extremely powerful. 

Â