limpid

Were never going to progress until we get a top quality centre half

I'm not convinced with anything we have at the club atm other than a fit Okore and perhaps Clark but we really lack a leader at the back

I'm impressed with Amavi and Gueye.

Amavi looks composed and intelligent. 

More difficult to assess Gueye because its quite a messy affair, but he certainly likes to put his foot in,  there's been a couple of challenges that whilst fair where very strong for a friendly. He seems a lot more willing to shoot than Delph,  ( I only make the comparison because he probably takes Delph's place as the midfield engine) one was certainly atomic, in the sence that it's still travelling ☺

Okore!

Thanks, Had forgot about him. 

I thought it may have been the new target going on strike and trying to prove a point to his club  :D

Edited by Kingman

Bacuna will never make it as a midfielder. We really need a replacement for Delph.

Definitely, he's better pushed higher but I think right mid/wing rather than in the middle will cause us the least frustration. As a wide man he offers more than the likes of Nzog and even Sinclair, you just need pace somewhere in the team to cover his 'pace'.

He might not be the quickest but he's neat enough and can put a good pass/cross in. Shame his finishing is hit and miss and he dwells a little too often, that's a killer for a midfield spot.

Â