limpid

Not quite sure what we're trying to do. Keep working it down the channels okay but seem reluctant to put a cross in. Which seems strange when we have Kozak.

Really not sure on Sinclair, for 2.5m he's a good buy but in a game where a team sits deep and he can't use his pace he's pretty useless.

Edited by PieFacE

Our team is looking really grim. I think we'll go down for sure.

At least midfield play has been neat, Gueye looks useful and Amavi will no doubt start questioning who this Sinclair character is. Westwood is definitely continuing where he left off, perfect behind the half way line, struggling to dictate play in the final third. Still, that's what Gil/Grealish is for.

Kozak will score some goals this year, his positioning is fantastic and he seems to be available whenever someone needs/tries to pass to him but you're right, we do look a bit grim, or detached. It is pre-season though.

The back is still a worry, central defense seems confused.

At with all those kids on the bench it'll put the first teamers on alert that there are potential replacements waiting for their chance. Lyden looks like he has decent awareness.

• Like 1

Midfield is woeful

The club need to pull their finger out and bring at least another two in 

Gardner is made of paper so will never get a run of games

Bacuna is not a midfielder he gives the ball away to cheaply and Westwood is bang average

We lack creativity guile and have no leader in there who can grab the game by the balls and dictate the play i'm just not convinced

Don't even get me started on the defence...

Edited by AshVilla

In all honesty I didn't think our defence was tested at all. All four had a fairly decent run out.

The midfield pairing of gueye and Westwood was ok too and no doubt get better with time.

For me, its the wide positions that cause me most concern.

Sinclair and bacuna did very little to impress.

Kozák was lively, and although he scored I still thought Cameron didn't contribute enough and was greedy again.

Our team is looking really grim. I think we'll go down for sure.

basing that on 1friendly?

Still more players coming in, everyone needs to settle in and learn the system.

Create many chances?

We got into good areas of the pitch but wasted using the ball well.

Kozák was our best striker and he created the better chances for Sinclair and Robinson, including a lovely assist.

We sorely missed Gil, Grealish and even Joe Cole.

Bacuna was really poor again today, he gives the ball away far too easily and never offers enough creativity in midfield. Sinclair was also poor in his decision making when he was in good areas. I didn't think Richards played too badly at all except for some weak clearances, he is a beast in the air and I think he will score his fair share off set pieces. 

Amavi was a good outlet down the left and he looks so comfortable with both feet. Gueye really grew into the game too, he looks far more of a goal threat than Wealth and still loves a tackle. 

If we sign Adebayor then I can't see Kozak getting near the first team. Although he did well for the assist and also played a good ball through to Sinclair, his lack of mobility and pace make him quite one-dimensional. He also doesn't win enough in the air and I thought Robinson was easily our biggest threat. 

I really hope we get Ayew now as we certainly need more in the creative 3rd but hopefully with Gil and Grealish back we will create a bit more. 

Â