Relegation v5.0

villarule123

Today's result was a warning shot that there's work to be done on team if we're to avoid another relegation scrap next season.

Everyone was already aware that there's still work to do.

Well today's result drives home the point. And I'm not sure if everyone was aware, there seemed to be an air of complacency, people calling for Lerner to stay and agreeing with Sherwood that even if the squad stayed the same going into next season then we wouldn't be in a relegation battle.

He's still averaged 1.3333 points per game, which averages out to 50 points, but yeah we knew this team needs players.

• Like 1

Today's result was a warning shot that there's work to be done on team if we're to avoid another relegation scrap next season.

Everyone was already aware that there's still work to do.

Well today's result drives home the point. And I'm not sure if everyone was aware, there seemed to be an air of complacency, people calling for Lerner to stay and agreeing with Sherwood that even if the squad stayed the same going into next season then we wouldn't be in a relegation battle.

Does it? Today's result told us nothing we didn't already know.

Just because some people think that if the squad stays the same that we won't be in a relegation battle doesn't mean they don't think we can improve.

This summer will decide if this is a realistic thread. Lose Cleverley and/or Benteke and we'll be in big trouble without adequate replacements. Keep the team as it is and we're an 8th-12th team on paper. Add a few defensive players and we could even have an outside chance on Europa. Lose the two players above and I think v5.0 will be the last one we need as we'll be in Championship the season after.