Witcher 3

lapal_fan

This is a man that plays too much gwent ladies and gentleman ;)

In all seriousness though that is a good post and i thank you for the info. My only other question is where do you go for a challenge now? Do the players get better as the game progresses or do you need to seek out specific players? It seems like you would just be breezing past everyone with your cards and knowledge on the game.

I did plough some random woman on Ard Skellig after besting her in a swordfight.

Not too dissimilar to the local Basingstoke courting rituals, in fact.

Wait, the woman who thinks you're her sword instructor?  You got to plough her?  Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, no fair.

EDIT:  Ignore that, she's in Novigrad.

Edited by Wainy316

So you know that patch CDPR put in to stop players farming for infinite cow hides in White Orchard right at the very start of the game (which folk would then sell for quick cash)?  The one where after the third round of cow slaughter/meditate/cow slaughter, this huge-ass high level beast comes out and thrapes you senseless?  Well, I figured I'd give this beastie a pop (having hit level 35, rocking a complete mastercrafted Wolven set teeming with greater runestones and generally being tooled up like a badass etc).

Transpires this "huge-ass high level beast" is only a level 27 chort.  Killable in about 3 sword hits.  The best part?  As soon as you kill one, another one spawns instantly (and seemingly forever, I'm up to dead chort #34 and there's no signs of stopping).  

I really, really, really wish I'd figured this out earlier, I reckon you could probably kill it easily enough by the time you hit level 25ish, and the things are a guaranteed mutagen drop, plus assorted monster-ingredient goodies and worth a healthy dose of XP each. Christ, instead of spending hours trekking around trying to find something to drop red mutagen, I could have just done this and been done in about 10 minutes, and levelled up a hell of a lot quicker.

Wonderfully ridiculous, and all just to stop people making a quick ~100 crowns per respawn.  :lol:

I'm sure she's part of a trophy I'm after, bringing all your mates to the final showdown

Well I've bollocksed that then. Just about to go into the final mission. I've saved it ready for tomorrow night.

I'm not sure I can get on board with sex in a computer game. I thought the computer game industry was trying to get away from the stereotype of all gamers as chronically masturbating obese 14 year olds with bad asthma and a number of allergies and a relationship with their mother that reflects an inappropriately late weaning from the breast. I watched a scene there. It all just seems a bit... lame and creepy?

How dare you, sex in computer games is the most hilarious thing I have ever seen (especially when it involves non-humans (elves)), and should be actively encouraged

• Like 1

I must of dumped about 50 red mutagens yesterday, the crafting does actually get over looked in this quite a bit (besides the obvious stuff) & I haven't used one skill point on my character either, seems totally pointless to me.

I'm almost going to give up going to the undiscovered locations when at sea, I go....loot them then immediately dump everything I picked up. It's a shame you don't have a base per area to store armor/swords. I have the griffin to superior & the bear in my inventory but I can barely pick anything up now.

I did do some clearing of my inventory yesterday but it's kinda lame you have to carry everything.

Re farming, I just can't be bothered with that kind of stuff when the exploits are found in games.

Edited by mightysasquatch

Is there much point in hanging on to swords and things you loot off bad guys? They only seem to sell for about 10 coins and they only deconstruct into basic stuff you pick up anyway. I thought there might be another use.

One thing that annoys me too is you buy or find a kick arse weapon and have to wait to level up several times before you can use it.

I must of dumped about 50 red mutagens yesterday, the crafting does actually get over looked in this quite a bit (besides the obvious stuff) & I haven't used one skill point on my character either, seems totally pointless to me.

I'm almost going to give up going to the undiscovered locations when at sea, I go....loot them then immediately dump everything I picked up. It's a shame you don't have a base per area to store armor/swords. I have the griffin to superior & the bear in my inventory but I can barely pick anything up now.

I did do some clearing of my inventory yesterday but it's kinda lame you have to carry everything.

Re farming, I just can't be bothered with that kind of stuff when the exploits are found in games.

Gave up on that too, I really can't be arsed sailing for ages just to get some loot I can barely carry from smuggler's caches/spoils of war that I'd only sell anyway.

From what I gather, the Zerrikanian saddlebags that add +100 weight are the best you can get, which gave me just enough to carry all the mastercrafted Cat and Ursine armor/weaponry whilst equipping the Wolven one.  Had to sell the Griffin armor set off just to make space which was rather annoying having spent ages finding it all, but I reconciled it in my head that having the option of Cat/Ursine/Wolf gives you one each of light/medium/heavy armor to choose between (and the Wolven one's base stats are that much better that you don't really need the Griffin set by then anyway).  Still, like you say it would have been good to have even just one central storage point, like a wardrobe at Kaer Morhen or something.

The skill points are absolutely worth your time though, if you build your character around your playstyle.  I ran into a level 42 archgriffin yesterday, it was probably the toughest fight I've had in the game but the combination of skills and greater mutagens I've got gives me +80% attack power, +40% sign intensity, +950 health with a massive chance to critical and cause bleeding through fast attacks.  I wouldn't have made a dent on the thing otherwise, as it was I could cast Quen to protect myself, dodge around and wait for an opportunity to get a few hits in and let bleeding do the rest.  Also, if you put 3 skill points into the initial level of Axii, you can then successfully influence/Jedi mind-trick absolutely everyone in the game when the dialogue option comes up.

Is there much point in hanging on to swords and things you loot off bad guys? They only seem to sell for about 10 coins and they only deconstruct into basic stuff you pick up anyway. I thought there might be another use.

Unless they're relics (orange highlighted in your inventory), not really.  Just flog them off.  When you start stockpiling a decent chunk of relic swords and armor, you can sell them off for a decent amount but be sure to only sell off the ones that can't be deconstructed for dimeritium.  Dimeritium is the most valuable crafting material for Witcher armor/weapon sets, and it is ridiculous expensive/rare if you have to buy any from merchants.  Where you can deconstruct items for it (or craft it), do so and then hold onto it.  Draconid leather as well is worth keeping hold of.

• Like 1

Gave up on that too, I really can't be arsed sailing for ages just to get some loot I can barely carry from smuggler's caches/spoils of war that I'd only sell anyway.

From what I gather, the Zerrikanian saddlebags that add +100 weight are the best you can get, which gave me just enough to carry all the mastercrafted Cat and Ursine armor/weaponry whilst equipping the Wolven one. Had to sell the Griffin armor set off just to make space which was rather annoying having spent ages finding it all, but I reconciled it in my head that having the option of Cat/Ursine/Wolf gives you one each of light/medium/heavy armor to choose between (and the Wolven one's base stats are that much better that you don't really need the Griffin set by then anyway). Still, like you say it would have been good to have even just one central storage point, like a wardrobe at Kaer Morhen or something.

The skill points are absolutely worth your time though, if you build your character around your playstyle. I ran into a level 42 archgriffin yesterday, it was probably the toughest fight I've had in the game but the combination of skills and greater mutagens I've got gives me +80% attack power, +40% sign intensity, +950 health with a massive chance to critical and cause bleeding through fast attacks. I wouldn't have made a dent on the thing otherwise, as it was I could cast Quen to protect myself, dodge around and wait for an opportunity to get a few hits in and let bleeding do the rest. Also, if you put 3 skill points into the initial level of Axii, you can then successfully influence/Jedi mind-trick absolutely everyone in the game when the dialogue option comes up.

My bad...what I meant by the skill points was that I haven't put any into the Alchemy ones.

I know the mutagens help craft good potions/buffs. Witcher is about preparing for a battle but by the time you stumble across an enemy it's too late as they game doesn't let you equip oils mid battle.

Edited by mightysasquatch

Â