Witcher 3

lapal_fan

I understand Skellige is meant to be a different location, we'd all be complaining that it's the same area again but it's just not very appealing to play it. To start I liked the scattered isles but now I'm like "this blows" obviously buying the maps to unlock more fast travel locations helps an awful lot

Some of the bugs are hilarious, my fav so far was a guy carrying a basket but he was moving like he was walking up stairs. So funny, I usually record them when they happen.

Floating heads are another funny one or when the death animation of a drowner but they stand up in the water

Edited by mightysasquatch

Im level 20 now and just finished rescuing Dandelion. Not been to Skellige yet and want to clear up all available quests before i do so.

Loving a cheeky game of Gwent, missed a few cards early on that i can no longer get so i wont be able to get the trophy for collecting all the cards unless i do another playthrough (which i highly doubt). The Ciri 15 card is a beast.

Im level 20 now and just finished rescuing Dandelion. Not been to Skellige yet and want to clear up all available quests before i do so.

Loving a cheeky game of Gwent, missed a few cards early on that i can no longer get so i wont be able to get the trophy for collecting all the cards unless i do another playthrough (which i highly doubt). The Ciri 15 card is a beast.

Only one I missed was from the Baron I think, I wasn't playing Gwent then. Kind of annoying.

Finally got my monster deck to a good level, makes me laugh when you pull out one card then another 5 pop out.

Level 15 Geralt card too is boss

Does anyone think they will bring out a patch so the early missable Gwent cards can still be collected later in the game or not?

If there's enough feed back to warrant it. I'm sure they're getting requests for s Gwent side game so you don't have to play the full game to have a few rounds. I'd love that.

Level 21 now and just got to Skellige. My stats say 80 hours gameplay so far, not so sure it is as high as that as i heard there was some debate over whether the game play time counter was indeed correct.

Starting to get a tad bored now, and find myself skipping alot of the dialogue (well reading it faster than they speak it and then skipping).

Left this for a week or so and now I'm stuck. I'm quite early on in the game in a section called Follow in Cerise Footsteps or something similar. You have to look in 3 different locations, which I've done but no clues. Not even an indication if I've missed something or not. I really enjoy the game but I don't think I can start over again.

Left this for a week or so and now I'm stuck. I'm quite early on in the game in a section called Follow in Cerise Footsteps or something similar. You have to look in 3 different locations, which I've done but no clues. Not even an indication if I've missed something or not. I really enjoy the game but I don't think I can start over again.

Go into the menu and then to quests.

I think you may have got a little ahead of yourself unintentionally.

The one you are mentioning is the main story line I believe which you complete by doing the other "main" quests. It will usually auto-select it after completing a different quest.

So if you go into that menu and choose quest you can choose one of the "main" quests to pick up where you left off. Or a secondary or contract quest to do something a bit different.

So by doing other parts I'll get clues for the Footsteps mission ? Ok cool thanks dude .

Yea basically, as you do the other main missions the footsteps one will gradually get completed.

The footsteps one isn't really a mission in its own right if I'm honest, I think it's there just to remind you of your ultimate goal and where all your leads on ciri are.

Then each of those leads has their own individual set of actual missions.

I have started enjoying Gwent now i fully understand the mechanics of it but im still quite short on my decks.

Ive just advanced into Novigrad and played a few people and gotten my ass kicked every time (im still only level 8 or 9. I tried to play most of the vendors i came across in Velen to pick up a card but i seem to be miles away from beating anyone i have come across in Novigrad.

thats exactly where i am too, my deck is a bit light and i can only use the starting faction, i struggle v monsters and if they put down an ally card and call 2/3 other cards in then i really struggle, most of my cards for the faction i can use are 5/6 whereas ive got a couple of 10s for the other factions, also seems to be a bit hit and miss on the rewards once you've already beaten them, not guaranteed another card

thats exactly where i am too, my deck is a bit light and i can only use the starting faction, i struggle v monsters and if they put down an ally card and call 2/3 other cards in then i really struggle, most of my cards for the faction i can use are 5/6 whereas ive got a couple of 10s for the other factions, also seems to be a bit hit and miss on the rewards once you've already beaten them, not guaranteed another card

If you do the actual Gwent quests it's kind of designed to let you win/get better cards. Also don't overlook inn keepers & what they sell/play them. The carry decent cards

Hit up every innkeeper, they all sell cards, there's also a merchant in Velen who crops up as one of those 'persons in distress' missions, free him and then find him later in the village of Claywitch and he has another 4 cards to sell.  Play everyone you can talk to where the dialogue option crops up (merchants/innkeepers etc.), and repeatedly play them until you win, every person you beat will give you one new card the first time you defeat them.  It doesn't take long to build up a nigh-on unbeatable Northern Realms deck, pimped out with a few multi-deck cards like Villentretenmerth and Yennefer.

thats exactly where i am too, my deck is a bit light and i can only use the starting faction, i struggle v monsters and if they put down an ally card and call 2/3 other cards in then i really struggle

A well timed scorch card/Villentretenmerth absolutely decimates decks that are built on muster cards (Scoia'tael, Monster), as a lot of muster cards have the same point score so you can take out almost entire rows in one go.  To be honest, once you've got Villentretenmerth and a couple of medics then you don't even really need to have any scorch cards in your deck, as you can play him in round one or two and then just medic him back for the final round when your opponent will be putting out their strongest hand.

This is the Northern Realms setup I used to beat pretty much every opponent and each of the Gwent quests (NR have arguably the best faction perk, getting to draw an extra card after winning a round)...

Leader - Foltest: The Siegemaster (guarantees you'll have at least one Commander's Horn to play on your siege row)

===Close Combat===

3 x Blue Stripes Commando (tight bond)

1 x Sigismund Dijkstra (spy)

1 x Prince Stennis (spy)

1 x Vernon Roche (hero)

1 x John Natalis (hero)

1 x Esterad Thyssen (hero)

1 x Villentretenmerth (neutral, scorch opponent's close combat row when total score of row is 10+)

1 x Dandelion (neutral, commander's horn)

1 x Mysterious Elf (neutral, hero + spy)

1 x Geralt of Rivia (neutral, hero)

1 x Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon (neutral, hero)

===Ranged Combat===

3 x Crinfrid Reaver's Dragon Hunter (tight bond)

1 x Philippa Eilhart (hero)

1 x Yennefer of Vengerberg (neutral, hero + medic)

===Siege Combat===

2 x Ballista

2 x Trebuchet

2 x Catapult (tight bond)

1 x Thaler (spy)

1 x Dun Banner Medic (medic)

===Utility Cards===

2 x Commander's Horn

1 x Clear Weather

No matter what combination your initial draw of 10 cards is, from that deck you'd be nigh-on unbeatable.  When the cards are drawn at the start and you get the option to redraw two, if you have less than two spy cards then redraw your lowest scoring cards that don't have a special ability (unless you've only got one of the tight bond set cards, in which case you might as well try your luck swapping that out too).  In an ideal world, your starting 10 cards would be as close to this as possible:

•Clear Weather

•Commander's Horn or Dandelion

•Mysterious Elf

•Thaler

•Sigismund Dijkstra

•Prince Stennis

•Catapult

•Catapult

•Yennefer of Vengerberg

•Villentretenmerth

You'd then play all of your spy cards immediately and throw the first round, stuffing your hand with a huge number of cards in the process and allowing you to crush your opponent in rounds 2 and 3 (the AI often throws round 2 in the event it's won round 1 anyway).

Â