The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Well it's not coming from actually doing anything

FACT CHECK: They have, in fact, done something!

They have allied with the Tories and Lib Dems in the London Assembly to ensure that Labour don't chair any committees 🙄

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

FACT CHECK: They have, in fact, done something!

They have allied with the Tories and Lib Dems in the London Assembly to ensure that Labour don't chair any committees 🙄

I didn't know that but it's hardly what is responsible for shifting votes in their direction. We're mid-term and it's a form of left-wing protest was what I was getting at. They aren't earning the votes, people are just shifting to them because they don't want to vote Labour (or admit it right now), those votes are very soft IMO

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I didn't know that but it's hardly what is responsible for shifting votes in their direction. We're mid-term and it's a form of left-wing protest was what I was getting at. They aren't earning the votes, people are just shifting to them because they don't want to vote Labour (or admit it right now), those votes are very soft IMO

Yeah, I know that's not why people voted for them, or are saying they would in a poll. Just an amusing/depressing thing they've done this week.

I think those votes are soft-ish. I voted for the Green in my council election; I could definitely be persuaded to vote Labour in an election, but I won't if it's a vote for re-heated Blairism or flag-shagging.

• Like 2

It’s alright I yahoogled it. Labour walked away 

The three political parties said they tried to secure a four party agreement for chairing committees based around the proportion of seats each group has on the London Assembly.

Their plan would have allowed Labour to chair five committees, the Conservatives four, Greens one and the Lib Dems one in the first year of this administration.

The three parties claim that Labour walked away from an agreement “at the eleventh hour” and refused to chair any committees…

Russell claimed Labour initially tried to block the Greens from chairing the Transport Committee and in the end “refused” to chair any committees when they did not have the votes to “impose their preference”.

Fellow Green colleague Sian Berry stressed that it was a “one time vote” to divide up the scrutiny work. She said normally all the parties all vote together.

Meanwhile, Conservative Andrew Boff was also elected to the role of Chair of the London Assembly and his Tory colleague Keith Prince was made Deputy Chairman.

One London Labour party source was not happy that the party did not strike a deal with a smaller party and told the Standard: “They’ve done over the Mayor’s office and they’ve done over themselves.”…

…A Labour Party source confirmed the major sticking point was the transport committee and added: “They all sorted out their preferences and sorted out each other but decided they weren’t going to listen to Labour about their preferences.”

still shooting themselves in the feet. Still too pure to play nice with the others. 

58 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well it's not coming from actually doing anything

Absolutely. Imagine if they actually invited disaffected Labour members and voters in 

Technically not Labour but they do run the council

Now it all seems very reasonable, I mean why would you want a bin in your lake but the whole school teacherish, This one will be removed thing is a bit OTT, of course it will, so will the next, and the next but here's the thing....

It's their own f***ing bin! LSSL is Liverpool Street Scene Limited a company wholly owned by Liverpool City Council and it's only contract is with the council to keep the streets and public places clean

If it was my bin that got loose and caused the ecological disaster claimed here....

Don't worry, we'll be fine, Starmer will pick up all of the moderate Tory voters in the lead up to the next election as he storms to victory then suddenly reveals himself to be the hero of the working man and disavowing his current beliefs as a cunning ruse.*

*This is of course sarcasm. There's no way Starmer will still be here by the next election.

41 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Ooft

Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Corbz the absolute Boy did that.

I mean obviously almost no-one watched it. I'm sure Starmer's ratings will be through the roof*

*may actually mean floorboards.

• Haha 1

Jon Ashworth on Five Live with Rachel Burden.  Labour's travel rules for Covid are clear:-

All travelers to quarantine in a hotel no matter where they go. 

This is fine if you can work from hotel and afford it.

I think it was the only angle he could find to be fair that would stick it to the Government.  If sticking it to the Government means boring people to death with 2 week old variant fear factor to the max.

They can say no to an interview if they have **** all useful to say.

Labour's sudden and insincere love of border controls is an absolute embarrassment. People want to go abroad Jon, to see families, to study, to work and yes to go on holiday. Telling everyone they need to spend two weeks in a hotel, even if it's completely pointless, is just going to be very unpoular. It's absolutely typical of the party currently that they are embracing this hard-right reactionary politics at exactly the moment it becomes unpopular.

They're not just craven right-wing cowards, but inept ones too.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Labour's sudden and insincere

It feels like they all get up early every day and listen to 5 Live and then....

No matter what the subject is in the news that day they suddenly & very angrily want to hold the government to account for the "_ _ _ _ _ _" as they have / haven't implemented a _ _ _ _ _ for the "_ _ _ _ _ _ " and people on the doorsteps say to me blah blah blah & we said it ages ago.  Re-building the red wall one Lego brick at a time then ?

They are becoming invisible.

On 15/05/2021 at 19:43, HanoiVillan said:

I could definitely be persuaded to vote Labour in an election, but I won't if it's a vote for re-heated Blairism or flag-shagging.

Flag-shagging?

Â