The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow thats bad, really bad when you consider your opposition is bloody boris johnson as well 

Boris is liked by a lot of people in this country, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The same about sadiq khan. 

Two unlikeable knobs that seem to be popular

The only good thing about Sadiq Khan is his transport policy. LTNs are a huge success.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, meregreen said:

One thing Boris Johnson is not, and never has been, is clear and consistent. He has always lied through his teeth, and bent with the wind in order to further his own ends. You only have to look at his attitude to Brexit, where he wrote two diametrically opposite statements with regard to the referendum. He’d always been in favour of membership, and only changed when he saw his chance to grab the leadership of the Tory Party. Max Hastings said he was the most untrustworthy, duplicitous charlatan he had ever known when he was writing for the Telegraph. People may vote for him, though God knows why, but it certainly isn’t because he has any clear and consistent messaging. 

If you look closely at him then your right he's definitely  style over substance but the vast majority of the electorate  don't look closely and do there research on Facebook , Google and the DM.

Running the country correctly and effectively is completely different  skill set to getting elected and Labour have to do the style before they can show the country their substance .

11 minutes ago, darrenm said:

The only good thing about Sadiq Khan is his transport policy. LTNs are a huge success.

I don’t think anyone in their right mind wouldn’t celebrate the fantastic work he has done with LTNs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I know you're on the wind-up, but LTNs are council policy aren't they?

I'm sure Sadiq forced the councils to do them 🎣

• Haha 4

“we want the area between the North Circular, Bounds Green Road and Green Lanes to be a Low Traffic Neighbourhood (LTN) allowing traffic to go in and out but not through.”

Enfield Green Party developed the LTN plan following advice from members of Better Streets for Enfield. Its key feature, buses and bikes, but not other motor vehicles, to pass through.

Liz Wright, Enfield branch, Green Party.

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t do facebook links - but I’ve read the Enfield Better Streets website and the Enfield Green Party website.

They love an LTN.

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The wider quote from the Enfield Greens website makes clear how pro-LTN they are:

Let's have quieter, safer streets, say Enfield Greens

'Our streets were laid out to serve people on foot, cyclists and a few motor vehicles. But today the vehicles dominate residential streets. Cars in motion or idling pollute our air and make parents too fearful to let children walk or cycle to school.

“The health and wellbeing of people must come first” says Enfield Green Party co-chair Alex McRae. “Motor vehicles are part of modern life, but drivers should not be allowed to speed through residential streets to save a little travel time.”

The places where people live, shop and go to school should be low-traffic neighbourhoods. They often aren’t.

“Look at the streets south of the North Circular in Bowes ward,” says local resident and Green Party council candidate Liz Wright. “Brownlow, Warwick and adjacent roads see over 15,000 cars, vans and lorries every day. And it’s been like that for years. So we want the area between the North Circular, Bounds Green Road and Green Lanes to be a Low Traffic Neighbourhood (LTN) allowing traffic to go in and out but not through.”

Enfield Green Party developed the LTN plan following advice from members of Better Streets for Enfield. Its key features will be controls that allow people, buses and bikes, but not other motor vehicles, to pass through.

“In Waltham Forest LTNs have brought peace to dozens of streets and actually reduced total traffic. That’s what I want for Enfield,” says Liz. Enfield Green Party advocates the creation of LTNs to reduce traffic across the whole of Enfield, together with other measures to promote walking and cycling.'

from: https://www.enfieldgreens.org.uk/our-policies/let-s-have-quieter-safer-streets-say-enfield-greens

It would be pretty weird if the Green Party were anything other than strongly in favour of quieter, greener streets.

I dont need to read what the corrupt council tell us i live in it and experinece it every day. Its increased the pollution and pushed the traffic onto the main roads.

The facts are they are not measuring the air pollution like they claim. Its alm lies guys

Come talk to the residents themselves see how many are happy with LTNS.

Edited by Demitri_C

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I don’t do facebook links - but I’ve read the Enfield Better Streets website and the Enfield Green Party website.

They love an LTN.

Yeah because tney wont lie 😂

And you will ignore a video that shows evidence  😂

Edited by Demitri_C

More traffic on the main roads you say? You realise that means the LTNs are working?

Next step, the traffic calms down because traffic gets fed up of being in traffic andf gets the wonderful cheap subsidised, highly efficient, eats bran flakes for breakfast public transport

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Indeed. Traffic on the major roads instead of residential streets is the whole **** point.

It's annoying if it directly impacts you, but inconveniencing motorists is also completely according to plan.

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

More traffic on the main roads you say? You realise that means the LTNs are working?

Next step, the traffic calms down because traffic gets fed up of being in traffic andf gets the wonderful cheap subsidised, highly efficient, eats bran flakes for breakfast public transport

No it isnt. The purpose of a LTN is to cut traffic and decrease pollution it does neither.  Round my area the traffic is worse than ever and the pollution level is horrific. If you dont believe me i invite you down and see for yourself. You could believe proven liars in the councellors if you like but i like to go with my own experience as i live in the area. A 10 minute journey now takes almost a hour because most LTNS are blocked all the side roads and if your drive down them you get fined.

You add a LTN (with hidden cameras to fine people) if they drive down.  All the LTNs are on high value property roads. What a coincidence. Benefits the rich while everyone  else suffers. Google fox lane, palmers green and see how much a property is worth of you dont believe  me.

Oh look protests in Croydon today from more residents unhappy about the LTNS. There is a shock but LTNS are a good idea 😂

Â